Dinner Tonight

dmjg

Ooo not too familiar with whats on offer up that way. Bit out the way though I am in Port Adelaide for work now and again.

If you don't mind a 15 minute drive to Henley Beach/Grange you'll have some decent options. Grange hotel in Grange is nice. Drive along the coast 10 mins, easy to find http://www.grangehotel.com.au/

Semaphore way try somewhere along the beach perhaps? Palais hotel? Buddha's kitchen, thai and vietnamese food? Steak on the seafront some place. Maybe a mexican grill place? Or the old cafe Primo, there are a few dotted around and I think they have one there.

I'd ask google tbh as not many people on here live Semaphore way that I can think of.

Edited by Guest
amended

Thanks Snifter,

On holiday here for a week, a few days in the barista then mildura before home.

Harndorf top of the list, a day in PA, Adelaide, might get to victor harbour.

Anything major I've missed?

Oops barossa, ive never spent a few days in a barista.....

Went to the Exeter.

Thought it would just be a normal pub, and it was.

Steak night, $10 off normal price.

A very nice Scotch fillet, medium rare, the best the OH has had out for a long time.

Hot veg and cold salad, help yourself bar.

Kids play area.

First pub id recommend since the Grey Ox on Hartshead Moor.

Thanks Snifter,

On holiday here for a week, a few days in the barista then mildura before home.

Harndorf top of the list, a day in PA, Adelaide, might get to victor harbour.

Anything major I've missed?

If you plan it right and set off early enough you can combine Hahndorf with a trip to Cleland wildlife park and take in Mount Lofty (it has a car park right out front and the viewing area is all you need to check out so you need not be there longer than 15 minutes if you didn't want to).

Hahndorf is lovely but it really is only the main road with shops, cafes and so on up and down it. If you are browsing it can take a couple of hours to wander up and down. Kids get bored in and out of shops so don't poke your nose into all of them unless you really want/need/have to :cute:. I'd hit Hahndorf early on (shops should open by 9:30 this time of year up there), have a couple of hours there then head to Cleland and let the kids run round up there, enjoy seeing the animals and soak up the views from the emu/roo paddock that looks down over the city. Mt Lofty from Cleland park is 15 minutes drive and easy to find and worth it to see the view.

Port Adelaide has some stuff but not enough to occupy a full day IMHO. I'd again plan the day and perhaps wander the port earlier in the day, get to the harbour and do one of the dolphin boat tours before lunch, say around 11am (about an hour and depart a few times a day, check times etc) and then head off to St Kilda playpark, about 30 minutes drive north. Has had a big revamp and the kids will appreciate the down time probably. Take a lunch to eat there perhaps and if you can find out about it and want to, go do the boardwalk through the mangrove swamp (eerie but lovely). Its locked iirc and the key is at the local fishing tackle shop and you go let yourselves in and out and take the key back. Well, thats what we did :) They don't let people in past 4pm or so, may have been 3pm so research if interested. Also there is a pink lake nearby due to the salt wotsit.

http://www.whatsonforadelaidefamilies.com.au/Blog-St-Kilda-Adventure-Playground-Progress-For-Family-And-Kids-640

Any evening its nice you could hop in the car and head to Glenelg or Henley beach for a change of scene. Glenelg has the Beach House, can be pricey but kids would enjoy. Loads of cafes/restaurants etc to choose from nearby and jetty Rd for shopping.

https://www.thebeachouse.com.au/

Victor Harbor is lovely. Granite Island is about 45 minutes to walk round and can be very windy the ocean side of it. So be prepared. To walk over the bridge will add another 10 mins or so to the walk. Has a couple of nice playparks on the seafront, the horses to see pulling the tram, lots of places to choose to eat and a great german wurst stand in the middle of the Warland reserve :cute: Great snags, owner is from Manchester iirc, been here donkeys years :) Mini golf, other stuff too. Could also head out to Hindmarsh island from there and go see the Murray mouth. Stunning costal area, we love it down there. Goolwa is nice, small and there is a spot off the end of Barrage road to view the pelicans when they come in at the end of the day. Sometimes there can be hundreds of them and its amazing to see. Just park up in the car park and take the 2 minute walk to the barrage. Its not a dead cert to see them but every time we've been they have been there and people know about them and it seems to be a regular place for them.

CBD is lovely but don't bother with Rundle Mall if you can help it. So many other things to see/do than shop lol. Botanic gardens are lovely to wander, the zoo, along the river and take the Popeye boat.... I love the state library, the Mortlock Wing. The Adelaide museum is free and worth a trip round, always busy and popular with families. Oh and the art gallery. All along the same road and easy then to wander along to the Botanic gardens just down the road.

Er yeah :unsure:

So, You might know one or two other things to think about, snifter?

PS, thanks heaps.

The kids love the beach on the doorstep, its 50m from the van door, so we plan to be spending afternoons there, mornings will follow the agenda above once the OH reads it, most likely...........