Moving to Hobart from Dallas TX

axlcalvin

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys wanted to give an update. Its been 1 week since I have arrived in HObart...Getting to know the place. I just signed my first lease here for a nice 2 BD...Company is already sending me to Sydney this week so the exploring will need to wait.

Its been a sea change from how the US is....But I am learning to adjust. One thing that stands out is missing uber..Hope that comes here soon..I think it will definitely help people to move around. But no complaints HObart is great.

Thank you all again for the warm welcome and advice.

One thing I would like to ask is that on Tuesday morning I have to catch a flight at 5:50am and need to leave home around 4:15 am. Any suggestions for a reliable cab/taxi company to come pick me up at that time?

Sorry about the weather since your arrival. First it was smoke from the bushfires...and now the rain. We do need the rain badly but I do feel sorry for tourists and newcomers!

We've always used Taxi Combined and had very good service - although none of this is recent experience.

Ph 132227

I believe they are now using the SmartHail app if you prefer to book that way.

• 4 weeks later...