Severe Floods and evacuations in Lancashire

calNgary

Spoke to family quite a bit over this last few days and they said it was raining a lot but i did not realise the extent of the damage until video clips and new articles popped up on Facebook this morning.

Its so sad to see our home towns destroyed and just tragic to watch 200 yr old buildings collapse. Here's hoping everyone over there stays safe and everyone mucks in for the clean up once water levels subside.

- http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35181139

- http://www.theguardian.com/environment/live/2015/dec/26/severe-flood-warnings-in-the-north-prompt-boxing-day-evacuation-fears

Cal x

My home City of Lancaster was hit badly a few weeks ago and the rivers are rising again. In my village outside of Lancaster the rain fell so quickly it all ran off the local crag and flooded many homes in the Main Street. I have never seen it so bad.

Thinking of all my friends and family, it's awful.

But hey, bet the weathers nice in Stratford ;)

Guest The Pom Queen

We have a member in that area, I don't want to post their name for privacy reasons but I hope you are safe and ok. We have family affected, business not home.

What with tornados in America, bush fires in Aus and floods in the UK the weather seems to be getting worse and it always seems to be at Christmas time when people should be relaxing with family