Bridging Visa B queries: Should I avoid applying for jobs that involve international travel?

lilpenguinlost

(Hopefully I have placed this thread in the correct location - I feel it is more about visa queries than about career prospects).

I was granted my PMV in September 2015.

I arrived in Australia last week.

My fiancee and I get married in March 2016.

My PMV expires in June 2016.

In the UK I did consultancy type work, which meant that on occasion I had to go see clients overseas. As my PMV allows for multiple entry into Australia and permits me to take up a position of full time work, I thought I would try to get the same type of role.

My understanding is that once we get married, I will be applying for a Temporary Partner Visa (subclass 820 & 801).

Once this application has been accepted (but not yet processed), I will automatically be given a "Briging Visa A" which will:

• entitle me to remain in Australia until the 820 is processed
  • allow me to have the same working entitlements as my PMV

I will not be able to leave the country with the 'A' type visa, so once I receive it, I will need to appy for a "Bridging Visa B" to replace the 'A' visa.

MY QUERIES:

• Does the Bridging Visa A become effective as soon as it is issued to me, or only when the PMV actually expires?
  • Does the Bridging Visa B allow for multiple trips overseas?
  • Do I need to notify the department of immigration prior to each trip?
  • Is the maximum length of each trip pre-determined before the BVB is issued to me?
  • Is it likely that I will be able to do a job that involves international travel?

Any help or advice on this matter (especially the queries that I have raised) will be greatly appreciated.

MY QUERIES:

• Does the Bridging Visa A become effective as soon as it is issued to me, or only when the PMV actually expires?
  • Answer: I think Bridging visa A will be effective after PMV expires.
  • Does the Bridging Visa B allow for multiple trips overseas?
  • Answer: Yes it allows multiple entries. At present I hold BVB - multiple entries visa upto 3 months.
  • Do I need to notify the department of immigration prior to each trip?
  • Answer: BVB will be issued with expiry date and entry as multiple. So if you are coming back to australia within expirydate, no issues. Otherwise, you cannot apply BVB from outside australia and will not allow you to enter australia untill your 820 application finalised.
  • Is the maximum length of each trip pre-determined before the BVB is issued to me?
  • Answer: Yes. Maximum they give for 3 months.
  • Is it likely that I will be able to do a job that involves international travel?
  • Answer: not sure

Edited by ss9999

No, you will have to wait until you PmV expirse, then the A will kick in and you can apply for the B

If leaving the country before the last visa expires, but before the bridging visa a kicks in you can apply before you go for bridging visa b. That then kicks in when the last one expires, allowing you to come back in the country.

BVB requires a good reason to travel. If you are working for an Australia company that requires you to travel, that would be a good reason, If you are freelance or working for an overseas company without an Australian base, it would be a harder case to make. But these days, they seem to hand out BVBs and RRVs like smarties.

• 1 month later...
Actually, they apparently grant BVBs for pretty much any reason due to the long visa processing tines. So if you said you were performing some overseas work it would likely not be an issue.

Sorry for replying to an old message.

From the above I understand that you should be able to leave the country before your visitor visa expires and your BVA kicks in as long as you have a BVB, and you are good to apply for the BVB before your BVA kicks in.

Just wondering does the same apply for single entry visitor visa?

This is all so confusing :)

Cheers,

Nassim