The weather in Devonport Tasmania today

JockinTas

• 2 weeks later...
Found any clotted cream.in Tas?

I think clotted cream is a real acquired taste. We often have Devonshire teas on our outings in Dorset and the New Forest, but I'm getting to the stage where I ask for a pat of butter instead of the cream! I usually nick some of my oh's cream just to see what it's like, but it's nearly always far too dense, almost like soft butter, and has no taste to speak of.

A warm day here today (27C) It's now nearly 8:30 pm and the sky is black and I can hear thunder in the distance. Hope we receive good rainfall tonight.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Now 8:45 pm and though still light it's seems nearly dark because of the black sky and it's starting to rain. The bloke who lives opposite is out washing his truck in the rain :rolleyes:

Edited by JockinTas

Today was clear but the last three days were bad with smoke. A neighbour who has lived here for over 70 years has never experienced smoke like it before. It has been exceptionally dry and we haven't had much rain since the winter time and according to a forecast, good rainfall isn't due until March :shocked: The farmers have been having to pump water from their dams for irrigating the fields.

Shame we can't share out some of the UK rain!

We could certainly use a fair bit of your rain just now. I had an email from a friend in south west Scotland and she is sick to death of the miserable wet weather. They've been flooded twice recently. Trying to persuade her to come here for a holiday but she has horses and dogs to worry about.

Clear down here at last. I've finally put a heap of washing on the line :wubclub: Actually very overcast here with forecast showers later on. I notice up north is forecast to have showers/possible showers every day from tomorrow. Not enough to put the fires out but hopefully will slow them down and clear the air.

Clear down here at last. I've finally put a heap of washing on the line :wubclub: Actually very overcast here with forecast showers later on. I notice up north is forecast to have showers/possible showers every day from tomorrow. Not enough to put the fires out but hopefully will slow them down and clear the air.

They often forecast showers but they only last for a couple of minutes :sad:

The way the smoke is today .............. I have an idea now what it must be like to live in Beijing. Yesterday was clear - got the washing hung out - but we had a good breeze - none yet this morning.