The weather in Sydney today

fifi69

I am in Sutherland Shire (Engadine area) and all I have heard for about two hours is sirens - I assume it is SES/RFS vehicles going up the highway towards Kurnell which was smashed by the storm. I got caught out in it earlier and had to pull the car over until it passed because the rain was so heavy I could hardly see. We have brighter skies now, but I can still hear thunder grumbling away in the distance. Just going to head out to the supermarket whilst it is calm.

Guest The Pom Queen
Just watched a video on FB of kurnell .

looked like a scene out of wizard of Oz, parts of houses flying everywhere :eek: , wind, rain.

is this normal for summer there??

It's not normal for Sydney. Although the last few years there seem to be a number of tornados springing up. Usually destruction on that scale is up in the tropical North only.

It's not normal for it to be this bad. We do get storms and they can be bad, but this one that went through Kurnell was really something else. Hopefully no one has been killed or injured.

Pymble is very leafy which would add to it as well. I notice that yesterdays storm brushed most of northern/north western Sydney. Amazing the difference in what Kurnell experienced compared to say, Palm Beach.