Glimmer of hope for accountants

UA to AU

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all me doing the math and no proven facts, but if you combined both accountants and auditors in to one pool of applicants, then up until the end of November the invites were ahead of the pro rata equivalent, as of the 4th December they now are below:

Total visa available for both categories: Accountants 2525, Auditors 1000 = 3525 or 294 a month

Issued as of end of November combined: 1540. Pro rata allocation by end of November: 1470 (294 x 5)

Issued as of 4th December combined: 1585. Pro rata allocation by this point 1617 (294 x 5.5)

Whether they are applying the above I do not know, but now is the first time this year where the number of applications if you combined accountants with auditors is below the pro rata allocation.

I would hope that the number now increases a lot more than 45, but to be honest I am not sure if the above is me just looking for a numerical reason as to why they have changed their policy...in reality I assume they are not applying this principal and just want to limit the number of accountants.

First of all, congrats on your unbelievably fast visa grant (10 days after invitation) - didn't know this possible. Speaking of your suggestion, I think there should be some logic behind defining the number of invitations for accountants, however I don't think their calculations are based on the year quote for each occupation. And they are definitely not going to fill all 2525 places for accountants in 2016. They definitely want limit number of accountants, but the question is "how much"

Thanks I was surprised as well, I did not apply when I got the invitation so it was only 7 days after my application which is equally as quick!

If you look at it on a monthly basis, the first 2 months were both 1/12th of the total for accountants, but Auditors were 50% of total each month. Then from the 3rd month when Auditors were filled they limited the number of accounts drastically.

I know they are not officially linked but this is why I thought of the above approach, which up until now works mathematically...but this is probably a coincidence!

I think though in reality they just want to limit total accountants, they have been threatening taking them off the list for a few years now, so it will be interesting to see how much they limit it as you say.

• 3 weeks later...

HI All

As this thread is probably the most positive lately about accountants with lower scores - 60 to 65 points, I was just wondering whether anyone knows at what level accountants invites were given out yesterday, obviously it has been at 70 points for a fair few months, and hopefully with all the above predictions we may well be on 65!:confused:

Hi UA to AU we got a 190 invite from nsw in mid Nov with 65+5 eoi submitted Oct so there is hope :-) Having medicals today eek!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Well, that's great, congrats on that. You're an accountant, right?

And what was your language score? I am asking because these factors are decisive.

Edited by UA to AU

HI All

As this thread is probably the most positive lately about accountants with lower scores - 60 to 65 points, I was just wondering whether anyone knows at what level accountants invites were given out yesterday, obviously it has been at 70 points for a fair few months, and hopefully with all the above predictions we may well be on 65!:confused:

For the 189 visa it looks like the current DOE for 70 pointers moved to around the 13th November.

Yes husband is an accountant. Got 9s on ielts so max English language points.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for sharing.

I've got IELTS 7.5.

If anyone got sponsorship (190 visa, 65+5) with IELTS 7, I'll be very happy to know. Please share.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Ua to AU, I am in your same situation.

I lodged today my EOI and hope to obtain an invitation for 189 or 190. In particular, for 190 VISA I can claim 65 + 5 points (I am looking for the NSW nomination) and have 8.0 IELTS overall (see details in my signature).

Let's keep in touch in this thread, so we can have a better understanding of what we should expect in the next months. Do you agree?

IELTS Academic Passed 21/03/2015 (L8.0 R9.0 W7.0 S7.0 Overall 8.0); ANZSCO 221111 Accountant General; Skills Assessment (CPA) Positive 05/02/2016; EOI Lodged 07/02/2015 (65 Points for 189, 70 Points for 190 with NSW); Waiting for Invitation

Edited by Kuriatko

I lodged today my EOI and hope to obtain an invitation for 189 or 190. In particular, for 190 VISA I can claim 65 + 5 points (I am looking for the NSW nomination) and have 8.0 IELTS overall (see details in my signature).

Let's keep in touch in this thread, so we can have a better understanding of what we should expect in the next months. Do you agree?

IELTS Academic Passed 21/03/2015 (L8.0 R9.0 W7.0 S7.0 Overall 8.0); ANZSCO 221111 Accountant General; Skills Assessment (CPA) Positive 05/02/2016; EOI Lodged 07/02/2015 (65 Points for 189, 70 Points for 190 with NSW); Waiting for Invitation

In your case in terms of NSW SS ranking your IELTS result is equal to 7.0 if I am not mistaken.

Hope people, who got 189 invites will be withdrawing their 190 EOIs, and vice versa. I think this is important to communicate this message as often as it's possible.

It would be great if accountants started to exchange opinions or findings/conclusions here.

Based on the latest published results (22th Jan round), there are/were around 125 accountants who submitted 70+ points EOI a month on average. Next a few rounds will show how many 65 pointers submitted EOIs a month averagely.

Please be careful with the points that you have calculated based on your IELTS results. Although you received an 8 overall the criteria for points is that you get the required score in each of the four modules. So, your lowest score is 7.0, therefore you can claim only 10 points.

250 invitations for accountants on the Jan/22th round. Good news indeed.

Very keen to know whether 65 pointers started to get invitations on the Feb/5 round.

Hope they will show the results by the end of the next week.

The backlog of 70 pointers should now be more or less cleared, the results from the 3rd Feb round will hopefully give an indication of the number of 65 pointers in the backlog, the last invited was 2nd July so there is a full 7 months.

Hopefully it is good news for those waiting, but it also should mean if you can push to 70 points you may now be guaranteed instant invitation as an accountant.

So let's continue guessing what will happen next. Decided to share my rough prediction regarding the numbers of invitation for 189 accountants.

Based on the last fin year data and assumption that the quota for accountants will be around 10% of the total invitation number, my optimistic forecast looks like that:

http://prntscr.com/a1h1km

so what do you think?