Car Rego

itegoa

Rego (Registration) is very similar to the UK road tax but with a basic 3rd party insurance built in. When you buy a vehicle you still need to register it in your name and you pay a % of the purchase price to do this, this is completely separate to Rego.

If buying a 2nd hand car in QLD ,it should have a safety certificate with it which is a bit like an MOT, you are supposed to get one when selling any vehicle. Be wary of buying a vehicle that doesnt have one.

Cal x

There are 'Club' Rego's also, if you have a Classic vehicle and belong to a Authorised Club, I think you can have 90 days for about a fraction of the price, but you need to keep records of when you drive.

Partner visa (subclass 309/subclass 100 lodged 02/04/2015, CO (VF) allocated 06/05/2015. Police ACRO Check completed 24/09/2015, Medical Check completed 01/10/2015, currently completing a C100 removal from jurisdiction for my Stepson, looking to locate to Melbourne Berwick area with my family of five in early 2016.