Wow - what a storm

VERYSTORMY

Actually it's beautiful. South Australian houses (well, some - including ours) are designed to cope well in the heat (not so much in the cold) so we haven't even had the air con on today yet. Off on a winery tour to McLaren Vale tomorrow in an air conditioned mini bus, to sip cool wine in termperature controlled cellars....

Far rather be hot than cold :-)

We just had another one - worse come over us. I was out in remote bushland as it came in and was just turning back towards camp.

Started with thunder and lightning. Then heavy large hailstones which lasted about 20 minutes and shredded leaves off the trees. Then the heaviest rain I have ever seen - and I have worked in a lot of the tropics! One of the little bush tracks I had driven down on, I was planning to use to go back. But it had turned into a major river! There were 10m trees being carried down it! So, I had to come back cross country in low 4 and pushing trees down with the ute as I went.

Got back to camp 10 minutes ago and the hail has shredded the fly screen on the windows and the rain has flooded half the offices.

Great to experience some heavy showers when out and about in the car this morning. A number of cars had headlights on even. Unheard of in December as fat as I can recall.

Christmas Parent has been called off tonight, for the first time in its 44 year history. Rain ceased for now but very grey and more like winter weather. Next Saturday back into the 30's so enjoy the change as it will be short lived.