Treating wood products

vicky2015

Oooh I'm interested in this also. Literally the only piece of furniture I want to bring with me is my great grannies linen box.

I shipped an old blanket box. I cleaned the metal hinges and lock to remove any rust, repainted them black and then gave the wood a light varnish (that I have now removed the other end so its back to its original look).

You could pay to have it treated and get a certificate to show its been done. Or pay the Aus end if they flag it up and require it to be treated. Will cost a fair bit though.

I shipped an old blanket box. I cleaned the metal hinges and lock to remove any rust, repainted them black and then gave the wood a light varnish (that I have now removed the other end so its back to its original look).

You could pay to have it treated and get a certificate to show its been done. Or pay the Aus end if they flag it up and require it to be treated. Will cost a fair bit though.

Thats really helpful thank you ☺️