shipping a motorbike

Southchick

Hi everyone,

1. Just wondering has anyone shipped a motorbike and what are the costs involved/ things you need to do? Trying to work out if its worth it or to sell it here.

I have white and co coming to quote to move our stuff.... which isnt much... more sentimental things rather than furniture. Only furniture really is my sons bed and bits for our new baby due in april.

2. Should I bring our washing machine? again not sure whether to bring it or sell. Thats literally the only big thing other than the motorbike as we are in a caravan awaiting our move.

Thanks in advance for any advice :-)

Have a look on the forums for Iron Lady Imports. They are involved with lots of vehicle imports to Australia. They should be able to tell you whether it's worthwhile.

Washing machine - have a look on the websites of Harvey Norman, The Good Guys, JB Hifi etc for costs to buy a new appliance in Australia. If you have stuff being shipped anyway and the washing is machine is good enough, then you can weigh up whether there is value in selling it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanku for reply! I think after checking it won't be worth shipping the bike, it's not worth enough so better to sell it and buy again out there. Waiting for the removals man to make a decision on the washing machine but will check out those home stores in the meantime.... Exciting! Thank u