Who takes care of everything?

Brummy

Hi,

We're hoping to return to the UK soon with our sweety Kitty, and I'm totally lost as to what's required- apart from everything I've already read up on, on the UK Gov website.

Do we need to go and get the rabies vaccination done ourselves, or is this part and parcel of what Pet Air does?

Does pet Air arrange for the passport and everything that's required?

What sort of costs can we expect?

Will our kitty be on the same plane as us?

Please help!

Thank you.

Where are you flying from? I can recommend a Perth company

it cost about $2500 if I remember rightly. You could book yourself on the same flight as your kitty but we chose not to - it can be several hours for your cat to clear quarantine - about 14 for ours but that was due to the animal reception centre losing her paperwork.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

Hey. We cant book a flight from Australia to UK, but if you decide to go back we can help:)

Have a chat with Dogtainers, Pet Carriers or Jetpets, they seem to be the main three out of Australia.

From your point of view, your cat needs a microchip and rabies vaccine at least 21 days before she flies and then some final docs which your shipper will help you with.

Safe journey

Where are you flying from? I can recommend a Perth company

it cost about $2500 if I remember rightly. You could book yourself on the same flight as your kitty but we chose not to - it can be several hours for your cat to clear quarantine - about 14 for ours but that was due to the animal reception centre losing her paperwork.

Thanks Lady Rainicorn.

We're flying from Melbourne.

How well did your kitty cope with the journey? I'm a bit worried for our girl going through the journey. She's a timid dainty girl.

Hey. We cant book a flight from Australia to UK, but if you decide to go back we can help:)

Have a chat with Dogtainers, Pet Carriers or Jetpets, they seem to be the main three out of Australia.

From your point of view, your cat needs a microchip and rabies vaccine at least 21 days before she flies and then some final docs which your shipper will help you with.

Safe journey

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your help.

Oh, so we definitely have to do the rabies vaccination ourselves then? It doesn't come part and parcel of the whole pet travel company?

Does it matter if it's been more than 21 days since she's had her rabies vaccination?

I'll have a chat with the ones you've mentioned and see what they can do.

Thanks again!

I'm not able to access the Pet Carriers website! Is anyone else having the same trouble? Not very reassuring. :/

Its saying the account has been suspended. Could but they a hosting issue or some such.

I'd contact the others and try Pet Carriers again in a few days. Or get their number and give them a call.

For further information and to speak to one of our friendly consultants, contact us today on 1300 788 770 or for international bookings please dial +61 2 9700 7223.

Edited by Guest
Added phone