This makes my heart sing

fifi69

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't decided on where to move to yet. We want to move to Perth for many reasons, but in part because of the dryer heat. However, for jobs we'd be better in the East. Where are the most and least humid places?

The further north the more humid. So Queensland is much worse than NSW. Generally speaking Sydney is really hot Jan/Feb. Winter feels surprisingly cold as there is no central heating and Aussies “rug up” which means you put a blanket over your knees when watching telly or wear thick jumpers. I have a load of thermal vests that will get ditched on returning to the UK, you don’t need them when you go from centrally heated house to heated car/ train to heated office. Whilst large businesses have heating / air con houses, cafés and the like don’t. It doesn’t last as long as the UK though.

We haven't decided on where to move to yet. We want to move to Perth for many reasons, but in part because of the dryer heat. However, for jobs we'd be better in the East. Where are the most and least humid places?

Just think the opposite to the UK. It gets progressively hotter and humid the further North you go, east or west Australia. Think Coastal too if you prefer a breeze.

I find it hard to cover any distance over 20 degrees. That's my perfect temp. Still bloody cold here. It'll be barely above zero when I get my bike out tomorrow morning.
Up to 14c by midweek, this week ...this last fortnight ( early Feb ) has been the coldest of the whole winter ...but still a none winter ....i have missed very little golf this winter Daffs are poking through already ...spring ,summer and autumn around the corner ....Devon at Easter Spain Then Italy Come on ...those long summer evenings ....trips to Worcester ...to London ...sat outside the pub at 10pm ....need I go on

The further north the more humid. So Queensland is much worse than NSW. Generally speaking Sydney is really hot Jan/Feb. Winter feels surprisingly cold as there is no central heating and Aussies “rug up” which means you put a blanket over your knees when watching telly or wear thick jumpers. I have a load of thermal vests that will get ditched on returning to the UK, you don’t need them when you go from centrally heated house to heated car/ train to heated office. Whilst large businesses have heating / air con houses, cafés and the like don’t. It doesn’t last as long as the UK though.

They still sell thermals here so somebody must be using them! Prob don't need them in a work day in winter ( unless you walk a distance) but if you're wanting to get out and about walking etc might be worth keeping them. I've still got a Kathmandu thermal base layer that I've used since I bought it in Tas in 2005!

Up to 14c by midweek, this week ...this last fortnight ( early Feb ) has been the coldest of the whole winter ...but still a none winter ....i have missed very little golf this winter Daffs are poking through already ...spring ,summer and autumn around the corner ....Devon at Easter Spain Then Italy Come on ...those long summer evenings ....trips to Worcester ...to London ...sat outside the pub at 10pm ....need I go on
car said 16 when we got back from swimming, but think it was parked in the sun.

They still sell thermals here so somebody must be using them! Prob don't need them in a work day in winter ( unless you walk a distance) but if you're wanting to get out and about walking etc might be worth keeping them. I've still got a Kathmandu thermal base layer that I've used since I bought it in Tas in 2005!

I live in Tasmania and I haven't any thermals - the house is warm and cosy in winter and I really don't find it THAT cold outdoors either - probably because I'm on the move most of the time. I rather like the nippy, cold weather.

When I lived in Scottsdale I defo wore thermals to bed! The only heating was the fire in the living room so once you left that room it was freezing everywhere else! I'm sure there are better insulated houses around though! I'll certainly be looking for one! If I was going bushwalking for the day in Tas winter or walking the dog early morning,I would probably layer up but no it's not the bitterness of uk winter ( albeit generally very mild in uk this year!)

When I lived in Scottsdale I defo wore thermals to bed! The only heating was the fire in the living room so once you left that room it was freezing everywhere else! I'm sure there are better insulated houses around though! I'll certainly be looking for one! If I was going bushwalking for the day in Tas winter or walking the dog early morning,I would probably layer up but no it's not the bitterness of uk winter ( albeit generally very mild in uk this year!)

Some of the houses are very badly insulated especially rentals. My neighbours have underfloor heating and other folk have radiators - same as UK. I think once you build/buy a house it's up to you to make it as comfy as possible. That's what we have always tried to do. The first house we bought in the UK we had to put in central heating and double glazing - mind you that was donkeys years ago. I find a lot of centrally heated and well insulated houses far too stuffy. Turn the heat down for crying out loud.

That's a daily argument between husband and I! Although have to say we stayed at my sisters for.xmas and hubbie and I were baked alive....secretly went round turning down radiators!! I said maybe it's because we live further north, we're more acclimatized to the cold!!
First year I came to the UK I spent xmas at my Aunties. Woke up xmas day - it must have been 30 degrees. For a few confused minutes I thought I was back in Oz. Some like it hot.