Moving to Perth November 2015

Sarahb1986

Hi Everyone!

So, it's official, myself and my husband are moving to Perth on the 30th November after I got a job offer this morning!

I will be working in Bibra Lakes and will be looking for a rental with a commute of, ideally, no more than 39 minutes!

After some advice on suburbs with this kind of commute time or less?

I have been looking into Hammond Park, Hamilton Hill, Coogee and Rockingham but would love to get people's opinions on these areas.

We are a young(ish) couple, 29 and 32 with no children, we want parks near by and either a short drive to the beach or a walk (if possible). We will have a dog, so will be looking for pet friendly lets with outdoor space, 2-3 bedrooms. Love wine bars and eating out, so if these are in walking distance that would be ideal!

Thanks!!

• 2 months later...

Hi we moved out to Rockingham in November. How are you finding it so far? Where have you settled? Crazy how the time has flown by already. I can't offer any advise as we are just as new to the place as you. We only came to Rockingham as I have family here. Would be interested to hear where you are and what you think of it so far as we too are looking to settle somewhere.

Chloe

Hi we moved out to Rockingham in November. How are you finding it so far? Where have you settled? Crazy how the time has flown by already. I can't offer any advise as we are just as new to the place as you. We only came to Rockingham as I have family here. Would be interested to hear where you are and what you think of it so far as we too are looking to settle somewhere.

Chloe

Hi!

We are living in Spearwood, right on the edge near Coogee. It's a great location, 5 mins to beach, 10 mins to Freo and 15 mins to a big shopping centre. It's great for the time being but we wouldn't buy here as we are looking to be a bit closer to the river or a little bit more south.

Yes it it is crazy how quickly time has gone, it will be 3 months on the 8th Feb that we emigrated. Feel like we have done so much!! How are you finding Rockingham? X

let me know how the move goes, im planning to go in jan 2017 and i currently live in manchester UK. I have my dads side of the family living in perth and i paln to stay with them for a month before i go travelling around and hopefuilly meet people to tag along with.

Would be good to keep in touch.

• 7 months later...
let me know how the move goes, im planning to go in jan 2017 and i currently live in manchester UK. I have my dads side of the family living in perth and i paln to stay with them for a month before i go travelling around and hopefuilly meet people to tag along with.

Would be good to keep in touch.

Hi!

i was just looking back over my last post and thought I would get in touch.

How are your moving plans going?

Well we have done a lot since we got here in November, found a rental, furnished it, bought 2 cars, had the dog brought over from the Uk, both started new jobs, made new friends, bought our first house which we have now been in for 2 months and most recently got pregnant with our first bub!! Very full on!!

Its Spring here at the moment and there is a mixture of good and bad weather days. Winter was pretty horrible, they had there coldest winter in about 20years I believe. Don't believe the hype that you will have constant sunshine and warm temperatures!! Bring your winter Woolies you will need them oh and a rain coat!!

We are now looking forward to summer as the house we bought has a pool so the 40 degree days will be that much better!!

Let me know how you are getting on!

Sarah

We've been here since 92 and this winter has been the longest, coldest, wettest I can remember. Usually we just cruise through winter and hardly notice it. This year is the first that we've felt like getting away from Perth for some warm weather. We had a couple of weeks in Port Douglas and Cairns, thinking that it would have warmed up when we got back and it's still unsettled.

Roll on spring and summer.

Port Douglas is a great spot at this time of year btw. Locals say the wet seaon is no fun though.

Edited by Paul1Perth

We've been here since 92 and this winter has been the longest, coldest, wettest I can remember. Usually we just cruise through winter and hardly notice it. This year is the first that we've felt like getting away from Perth for some warm weather. We had a couple of weeks in Port Douglas and Cairns, thinking that it would have warmed up when we got back and it's still unsettled.

Port Douglas is a great spot at this time of year btw. Locals say the wet seaon is no fun though.

We were wearing shorts in the UK on Christmas day and had a lovely long warm summer. I assume it's el nino or something like that. I expect it will sort itself out in a year or two.

Yeah we have been watching the news with all the reports on how bad the weather is this year!

People who have lived here for a while that we know keep blaming the bad weather on us haha.

Ive heard summer is going to be a scorcher this year so shouldn't be too annoyed about the rain for now!

Yeah we have been watching the news with all the reports on how bad the weather is this year!

People who have lived here for a while that we know keep blaming the bad weather on us haha.

Ive heard summer is going to be a scorcher this year so shouldn't be too annoyed about the rain for now!

Yeh summer will be great as usual. It's guaranteed.

We were wearing shorts in the UK on Christmas day and had a lovely long warm summer. I assume it's el nino or something like that. I expect it will sort itself out in a year or two.

I've worn shorts on Christmas Day in the UK too. It was the days when my parents used to get free coke as part of my Dads job with the NCB, so the house was always boiling.

You must live in a good place in the UK 'cos according to our rellies it was crap.

Hi!

i was just looking back over my last post and thought I would get in touch.

How are your moving plans going?

Well we have done a lot since we got here in November, found a rental, furnished it, bought 2 cars, had the dog brought over from the Uk, both started new jobs, made new friends, bought our first house which we have now been in for 2 months and most recently got pregnant with our first bub!! Very full on!!

Its Spring here at the moment and there is a mixture of good and bad weather days. Winter was pretty horrible, they had there coldest winter in about 20years I believe. Don't believe the hype that you will have constant sunshine and warm temperatures!! Bring your winter Woolies you will need them oh and a rain coat!!

We are now looking forward to summer as the house we bought has a pool so the 40 degree days will be that much better!!

Let me know how you are getting on!

Sarah ?

Started new jobs? I didn't think there were any in WA? (Sorry I couldn't resist!)

Congratulations on the pregnancy!