7 Seaters Cars

Major Tom

The only 7 seater I have driven is the Kia Carnival which is a dedicated people mover. It was very spacious and comfortable, easy to park and had plenty of power. I thought the sliding doors were great - it was very easy to get in and out of. 4x4s and SUVs are just wagons with an extra seat bunged in the back. If you don't need a 4x4 or SUV I would recommend the Kia.

we've had a landcuiser prado - 8 seats for kids, 7 for adults, but back two only suitable for tyrion lanaster or kids , 6 foot adults will find the rearmost seats unconfortable.

Bulletproof, reliable, fun, spacious, but a bit thirsty, our little ford fiesta zetec runaround (trainstation car) is 3 times more fuel efficent

We have a Toyota Kluger, it's a great 6 seater and okay 7 seater. Not quite a land cruiser, but certainly a perfect 7 seater for a family. We had a 2013 Kia Sorento, and we found that a really good 7 seater, and owned a BMW X5 which was a terrible 5 seater.

If we upgrade the only choice would be a Landcruiser Prado.

Had a Dodge Journey before it was written off a couple of years ago. They're now called the Fiat Freemont. Spacious and comfy car, but the rearmost seats are really not suited to large adults. Quite lacking in foot-room more so than leg room. Cost a fortune to service.

Now have a Holden Captiva series 2. The rearmost seats have a little more leg/foot room than the Dodge did. I still wouldn't want to be an adult on a long journey in the very back. It's a nice enough car to drive, has all the gadgets. Quite a pokey Diesel engine. Fixed price servicing.

If you are regularly carrying 7 adults, over some decent long distances, then I would think that a people-mover would be more appreciated by the passengers. If all you need is the capability to sometimes carry 7, then an SUV type 7 seater might do the job.

If your coming to Melbourne, I have a 2011 Holden Captiva 7 LX i've decided to sell, only because we don't need the 7 seats having only 2 kids.

Otherwise, look at some of the people movers like the Toyota Tarago / Estima, Australia didn't get the European people movers like the Sharan / Galaxy / Alhambra, just the Japanese and Chrysler Voyager.

The 7 seat SUV is more popular in Australia and would get a better resale value if you go to sell it 5 years.

What's the choices of second hand cars with 7 seats in Australia. Currently we have a VW Sharan 1.9 TDI, is there anything similar?

When over in 2011, OH friend picked us up in a Toyota 4x4, I think that was a 7 Seater, but not sure?

Cheers MT

We started out over here with a Holden Zafira but soon found that as our kids grew, no one wanted to sit in the very back as there is limited leg room. We found that with a European built car it took a lot of time to get spare parts too....

We now have a Hyundai Imax which is an 8 seater van that is fantastic for driving around 8 adults and has plenty of boot space too. It is also very reasonably priced compared to other people carriers (eg Toyota Tarrago).

I've got an eight seater prado 1999 and it's still going well after all this time with 320000 on the clock. Only cost apart for servicing in all that time is a new clutch and the obligatory T belt...........and tyres obviously. Original radiator and exhaust. I know times have changed but my memories of the UK (or likely just the cars at that time- I had a corolla and an imported long wheel base converted hi-ace [i loved that column change] ) was a new exhaust every couple of yrs, or less, and radiator every four................not ignoring all the mechanic's screwdrivers punched through the sills at MOT time.........complete rip-off

I've got an eight seater prado 1999 and it's still going well after all this time with 320000 on the clock. Only cost apart for servicing in all that time is a new clutch and the obligatory T belt...........and tyres obviously. Original radiator and exhaust. I know times have changed but my memories of the UK (or likely just the cars at that time- I had a corolla and an imported long wheel base converted hi-ace [i loved that column change] ) was a new exhaust every couple of yrs, or less, and radiator every four................not ignoring all the mechanic's screwdrivers punched through the sills at MOT time.........complete rip-off

It's the salt causing rust - mind you my car has got nearly 120k (miles) on the clock and I've only ever had servcing and tyres (well ignoring a new wing mirror when i clipped it!) so i do think cars are better built now - mines a petrol Skoda.

It's the salt causing rust - mind you my car has got nearly 120k (miles) on the clock and I've only ever had servcing and tyres (well ignoring a new wing mirror when i clipped it!) so i do think cars are better built now - mines a petrol Skoda.

Yes those things don't seem to bother modern cars, the days of cars rusting away are long gone fortunately.