Flights

Loulou

Sorry all me again! Looking at booking flights for a family of 4 to Perth found a good price of 2100 gbp for April next year with Malaysia airlines, just wondering if it's worth booking now, does international flight prices rise of fall closer to time?

Thanks

Loulou

Sorry all me again! Looking at booking flights for a family of 4 to Perth found a good price of 2100 gbp for April next year with Malaysia airlines, just wondering if it's worth booking now, does international flight prices rise of fall closer to time?

Thanks

Loulou

Looks like a good price to me. No prices do not tend to fall nearer the time, if anything they are more likely to increase. If you are happy with the price and the airline then I would go for it.

Thanks yet again both, I analyse everything so iam looking for the catch this price seems to good to be true, things are getting real now so much to do in 6months but I will get there, sorry for all the constant questions but just need advice from people who been there and got the t shirt as they say, wouldn't worry if it was just myself and husband a little more of a worry with children in towe!

This is with malyasia airlines though, 1 2 hr stop in Kuala Lumpur then to Perth, a bit nervous after the incident last year though but quant as wants 1k more but this is a Dubai stop! I know iam overthinking and anything can happen anytime but that's me lol, any thoughts guys and girls ?

This is with malyasia airlines though, 1 2 hr stop in Kuala Lumpur then to Perth, a bit nervous after the incident last year though but quant as wants 1k more but this is a Dubai stop! I know iam overthinking and anything can happen anytime but that's me lol, any thoughts guys and girls ?

One of my friends asked me the very same question about Malaysia only today. I told her not to worry. Nobody ever knows what's going to happen, and if you overthink things then you'd never leave your house.

12 hour stop is a long time, especially with children, but you can always ask if it's possible to stay in an airport hotel. I did that on one of my flights and it broke the long journey up nicely.

I wouldn't fly with MA, personally - would rather pay extra.

I believe Qantas are the best in the world (no fatalities) - and I read something about their planes have engine management reporting back to base, constantly via satellite, allowing them to keep an eye on problems.

I watched a documentary last night on MH370 and why planes disappear. It said that MH370 contained a cargo of a load of batteries. Some airlines won't do this due to safety concerns.

It seems that not all airlines are the same to me. Some are cheaper but make their money by transporting risky things!

All my opinion of course :)

I know captain c can't help avoiding known risk though and was thinking this is probably why they are so cheap, building back up their rep! Sorry that was meant to be a 2 hr stop! This is an ideal price and flight just wondering whether 1k more will at least make me less anxious, my husband pulling his hair out with me :-/ will have a look at prices over next few days and hopefully will book by the end of the wk!

Ah wait a minute, its 2 hours, don't worry about the hotel then :laugh:

I'd pay on a credit card for the flights if you can, MAS are struggling financially, I'm sure it will be fine but might be nice to have the security of paying by CC just in case.

Edited by amibovered

Of course itegoa everyone entitled to their own opinion and that's what iam after some info so I can make my own decision. To be honest iam edging towards quanta (but there's a first for everything haha), no seriously never been to oz only America and personally I would not fly there with anyone but Virgin, they are 1st class in my opinion.

Hi guys and gals, searching all day for flights determined to book, found one on quantas 3,300 but says flights operated by Emirates and if I go to Emirates site its 2300 so does this mean if I book with quantas I will still be travelling with Emirates so just as well book with Emirates and save.... So confused!

Hi guys and gals, searching all day for flights determined to book, found one on quantas 3,300 but says flights operated by Emirates and if I go to Emirates site its 2300 so does this mean if I book with quantas I will still be travelling with Emirates so just as well book with Emirates and save.... So confused!

If it says operated by Emirates then you'll be flying on an Emirates aircraft.

Fab thanks flying from London to Perth this has a 2hr stop in Dubai think iam going to book this tonight, have you flown with Emirates are they ok?

I only fly Emirates. But that's mainly because I'm a gold card member and I get some extras thrown in usually.

It's a great airline, not the best I've flown with, but it's definitely up there.

If it's a proper connection, a flight that has all been booked together then they will generally hold the flight. There will be a hell of a lot of people travelling to Perth on your uk outbound flight.

The only exception to this is if your flight is severely delayed or if the destination is Sydney (where there are night flight restrictions over the city)

In this case you'd be put up in a hotel, at no expense to you.

20 odd flights to Australia with Emirates, this has only happened once to me.