Container gone today and 2 weeks to go!!

Dnursey1980

Starting to get real know! Anglo Pacifics came today and packaged all of our things up, they were a couple of hours late!! But very good when they were here. Would recommend them. We are moving out of our house tomorrow as we have sold it. We're staying in temporary accommodation for a couple of weeks until we fly to Brisbane via Singapore on the 30th October and land in oz on the 4th November. We are a family of 4, 2 adults,35,36 & 2 children 6&4, heading for the gold coast and staying in turtle beach resort whilst we sort a more permanent rental etc out. Is anyone heading out to Gold Coast in the next few wks? Any recommendations as to what to do whilst in Singapore?

Any recommendations as to what to do whilst in Singapore?

How exciting. Will be nice and warm in November and a great time to arrive just before Christmas.

Lots to do in Singapore, my favourites are:

Sentosa Island

Chinatown

Zoo

Temples

Cable Car Ride

MacRitchie Nature Trail

Jurong Bird Garden

Cloud Forest

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/singapore/things-to-do/top-things-to-do-in-singapore

Eating – Steamboat

http://sethlui.com/best-steamboat-singapore/

I hate shopping for clothes but you can pick up some nice made-to-measure clothes there. And cameras etc… are usually good quality and cheap.

We stayed at the Grand Mercure Roxy last year on a stopover when we did our recce here. Plenty of shopping and restaurants within an easy walk and we liked the esplanade (though the short walk to get there is a bit uninspiring). We were happy enough with our stay. It is a little way from the centre but we had been there and to Sentosa Island before so we did not need that.

If you only do one thing I would recommend the night safari at Singapore Zoo.

good luck with it all.

@Dnursey, I am with gbyeGRey Sky, I loved the night zoo but obviously I was on my own without kids then... I did city tour to orientate myself , had a wee wander around shopping malls. Diwali was on whilst we were there which was lovely. On our last day we had late flight home and had to be out of hotel, we went to the cinema- air conditioning was a must :)

Its all happening for you. I am waiting for visa now, Medicals and police check all uploaded, house up for sale and flights booked for 4th Jan, we are staying in Burleigh mariner shores for a week before school starts. Will have 3 weeks toorganise a rental when we get there...

I still need to do nurse registration in oz....

hopefully catch up in january ( we have 3 kids theyll be 9,8 and 6 when we arrive 2 girls 1 boy)