Antonella at NAB

Pick of the week FAQ's

Hi PIO Members,

We know you’ve got a lot to manage when moving to a new country. So whether you’re moving to Australia to live, work, study or start a business, let NAB sort your banking before you’ve even stepped off the plane. NAB, a part of the National Australia Bank Group, has a dedicated team that helps migrants, expatriates and international students from over 100 different countries each month to open bank accounts quickly and easily online up to 12 months before arrival.

Each week I will upload one FAQ........here goes!

Why does NAB offer two account types?

• The NAB Classic Banking account is an every day transaction account
      • The NAB iSaver account is a savings account that pays a competitive interest rate
      The iSaver account must be opened with a NAB Classic Banking account at all times. To check the current NAB iSaver interest rates, go to: www.nab.com.au/personal/accounts/savings-accounts/nab-isaver

*Please note that your account can receive funds, however withdrawals can not be made until you arrive and pass the necessary
      identification requirements.

Title
      Liked
      90 times
      Rep
      Hi just a question, I have opened an austrailian account from the UK with yourselves and Iam about to transfer a large some of money. Just in a little panic as I am a worrier! We have a joint account however let's say for some reason one of us could not come out maybe due to ill health this would mean the other could not get the money is this right? We plan on coming together however you never know! Also what if something was to happen to one of us would that mean that the money would be stuck in oz? I know these are silly questions but I work in an intensive care unit and know how quickly life's can change!
      Thanks

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      Hi Loulou,
      Thank you for your message.
      If you haven’t send funds already you could look to each openindividual accounts. Funds could then be split between the two individualaccounts and transferred into a joint account at a later stage.
      Otherwise worst case one of you wasn’t able head out due toill health, please make contact with us and we discuss how we can assist.
      Kind Regards
      Micaela from NAB

Quote Originally Posted by Loulou View Post
      Hi just a question, I have opened an austrailian account from the UK with yourselves and Iam about to transfer a large some of money. Just in a little panic as I am a worrier! We have a joint account however let's say for some reason one of us could not come out maybe due to ill health this would mean the other could not get the money is this right? We plan on coming together however you never know! Also what if something was to happen to one of us would that mean that the money would be stuck in oz? I know these are silly questions but I work in an intensive care unit and know how quickly life's can change!
      Thanks

• NAB

•