Transit hotel - Singapore

Mazza227

We booked our flights today stopping in Singapore with a 17hr layover. I am looking at booking the transit hotel but not sure what times/how long to book it for.

Do most people go straight there when they land to get some sleep? And do I book it for the whole time or just 6hrs. Not done this before so trying to work out best option.:wacko:

We booked it for the whole time, because although we didn't sleep for the whole period, it was great to have somewhere to leave our carry-on baggage and walk freely around the airport.

We went straight there, had a shower and collapsed into bed, got up later and had a walk around the airport and a meal.

That was on the way from the UK to Australia - by the time you get to Singapore it is pure bliss to have a shower and be able to lie flat on a bed! Going the other way, you haven't been flying as long so you don't appreciate it so much.

Edited by Marisawright

We booked our flights today stopping in Singapore with a 17hr layover. I am looking at booking the transit hotel but not sure what times/how long to book it for.

Do most people go straight there when they land to get some sleep? And do I book it for the whole time or just 6hrs. Not done this before so trying to work out best option.:wacko:

I'd be interested in knowing this too...

Hi

we had a 12 hour stopover and booked the room for 8 hours, brilliant to have a shower and go straight to bed. Totally refreshed for onward flight to Melbourne. Only disappointment was that the swimming pool at the airport was being renovated and we were looking forward to using it. There is also a 24 hr cinema at the airport. Don't forget to pick up your free vouchers to use against food etc. You can get these by showing your boarding cards at the appropriate desk.

Julie

As I remember the hotel and pool are near by so make the most of both. We had a stopover of 8 hours so only booked for 6 hours, but the pool is refreshing as well!

Thanks, I noticed there were a few hotels and I know we take off from terminal 3 so was going to book that one. Or does it not really matter which you book?

Hi

we had a 12 hour stopover and booked the room for 8 hours, brilliant to have a shower and go straight to bed. Totally refreshed for onward flight to Melbourne. Only disappointment was that the swimming pool at the airport was being renovated and we were looking forward to using it. There is also a 24 hr cinema at the airport. Don't forget to pick up your free vouchers to use against food etc. You can get these by showing your boarding cards at the appropriate desk.

Julie

Ah yes I heard about the vouchers but wasn't quite sure how to claim them! So do I just go to the Singapore airlines desk on arrival then?

Did you book the start of the room from the time you landed?

Edited by Mazza227

The terminal 3 one was the newer/bigger one... so better(?!?) thats the one we've used. It used to get you access to the pool at the terminal one hotel. But that is being upgraded, so was unavailable until end sept. I got the impression that it might be changing ownership (the T1 hotel & pool) so might be different when you get there.

T3 hotel was fine and shower well worth it. If you're travelling with kids, you might need to order a few more towels (which they charge for)

We've only ever stayed in the T3 hotel and never had a problem. While it was open, the pool on the roof of T1 was perfect and i would certainly recommend it.

Ah yes I heard about the vouchers but wasn't quite sure how to claim them! So do I just go to the Singapore airlines desk on arrival then?

Did you book the start of the room from the time you landed?

Hi

we travelled end of June this year and booked the room half hour from our arrival time. The hotel is just by the arrival gate in T3. The desk for getting your vouchers is hidden around the back of T3 and not easy to find. If you go to the info desk at T3 they will point you in the right direction. If I you Google changi airport you will find links to all the airport hotels and other facilities available. The pool is at T1 but you can easily get there using the free monorail only takes 5 mins.

Julie

Thanks, I noticed there were a few hotels and I know we take off from terminal 3 so was going to book that one. Or does it not really matter which you book?

You can book the pool separately if you like, and the hotel charges in blocks of hours for the adjacent hotel room IIRC.

Depending on the time you get there, if you book the one by the pool in T1, you can lie by the pool during the daylight hours and then only pay and use the hotel for a block of hours to sleep.

The pool has changing rooms and showers, a bar, and it's cheaper. It's not far from the food courts so you can go and grab something and eat by the poolside.

You can book the pool separately if you like, and the hotel charges in blocks of hours for the adjacent hotel room IIRC.

Depending on the time you get there, if you book the one by the pool in T1, you can lie by the pool during the daylight hours and then only pay and use the hotel for a block of hours to sleep.

The pool has changing rooms and showers, a bar, and it's cheaper. It's not far from the food courts so you can go and grab something and eat by the poolside.

Do BOOK the hotel though, you can't just turn up when you're ready to sleep.

The last time we travelled, I tried to book the transit hotel about three weeks in advance and they were already fully booked.

Another option worth considering, one which I occasionally stay it, is stay at a hotel one stop from the Airport on the MRT line; 'Fraser Changi City by Capri' is the one I use, but there are several there. It is located at the Expo MRT station and there is a large mall there (Changi City Point) with restaurants and a New Zealand bar.

May be cheaper, and is nice to escape the airport. You can also jump on the train to the city or catch a taxi to East Coast Park if you've had enough sleep. However with that you need to check the timings, and might need to ask for an early checkin or late checkout to coincide with your flights.

Just an idea, might not be everyones cup of tea, but as a far too frequent flyer I tend to find every way possible to escape airports.