Moving Back To The UK

harrietotbot

We are very soon moving back to the UK. When we came 4 years ago we arrived with only 8 suitcases. We now have a house of furniture which we'd like to take back with us.

Can anyone recommend a reputable company please and what is the average cost for a 3 bed family home?

A 20 foot container should be sufficient - we paid $7k but packed everything other than fragile items ourselves into boxes which reduced the cost a little - that didn't include insurance which is cheaper if you arrange separately through a marine broker.

I don't think where you are moving from/to makes a huge difference unless you live a long distance from a port at either end. We moved from Fremantle to Falkirk.

A 20 foot container should be sufficient - we paid $7k but packed everything other than fragile items ourselves into boxes which reduced the cost a little - that didn't include insurance which is cheaper if you arrange separately through a marine broker.

I don't think where you are moving from/to makes a huge difference unless you live a long distance from a port at either end. We moved from Fremantle to Falkirk.

It makes a difference as they are asking for company recommendations so no point recommending a company in Brisbane and they are in Melbourne.

We are very soon moving back to the UK. When we came 4 years ago we arrived with only 8 suitcases. We now have a house of furniture which we'd like to take back with us.

Can anyone recommend a reputable company please and what is the average cost for a 3 bed family home?

I think all of the big players are reputable. Our quotes for a 20foot container were between $8-10k.

It makes a difference as they are asking for company recommendations so no point recommending a company in Brisbane and they are in Melbourne.

I meant in terms of price - I didn't read it properly tbh I thought they were looking for cost estimates.

I'd recommend Grace and I believe they are nationwide in Australia.

• 4 weeks later...
We are very soon moving back to the UK. When we came 4 years ago we arrived with only 8 suitcases. We now have a house of furniture which we'd like to take back with us.<br>

<br>

I found KENTS to be competitive and obliging but that was in Brisbane.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy

Bear in mind if you have any really big furniture it may not fit in the smaller rooms in British houses, we went back one time and had to put a few of the bigger things in storage, like our lounge suite, dining table, bed.

Unless they move into some tiny little starter home they will be fine.

We've been quoted $8-$10k for a 20 foot container and we are packing lots ourselves! The insurance is really marked up I think because the person quoting also gets a commission for the insurance. Has anyone arranged their own insurance -recommendations welcome.