Meetings place between Aus and Uk for family holiday for month

watneyni

Just to clarify, you are looking for a holiday spot where you could rent a house? Anywhere in the world? Would it make sense to agree upon a location first?

Thailand does seem like a nice idea. I immediately though of the west coast USA as we once met family there for Christmas, but I don't know about budget, we just all booked hotels.

Edited by Bungo

Requirements

close to beach and shops

4 bedroom

one month

6-10k AUS

Dates: 20 Dec 2015 to 17 Jan 2016

any recommendation or assistance

cheers

Nick

We did look into it, but couldn't find anywhere cheap, and we don't like Bali, and weren't sure about goa.

Edited by newjez

Just to clarify, you are looking for a holiday spot where you could rent a house? Anywhere in the world? Would it make sense to agree upon a location first?

Thailand does seem like a nice idea. I immediately though of the west coast USA as we once met family there for Christmas, but I don't know about budget, we just all booked hotels.

thinking of Bali or Thailand at the moment due to be budgets. Want to rent a villa as we have 2 sets of family coming over during the month. Has anybody hired a place? We have just started doing the research.

USA, West Coast would be somewhere you'd get reasonable priced flights for both from UK and Australia (especially out of Sydney & Melbourne, $1000 return to SFO).

Sri Lanka is another option in Asia, absolutely amazing country, but more of a place for adults then kids. You might get a place in Singapore for that price as well, if you looked around carefully on AirBNB etc.

I personally wouldn't go for Goa myself,unless the house was situated somewhere very quiet and well away from the tourists spots.I have to admit,I've never been there but I have travelled to other places in India.It gets the rap of being the "Benidorm"of India amongst other travellers,and for that reason alone,I would never go there.

I've never been to Thailand but its somewhere I would like to go,so perhaps look at that?

https://www.rentalhomes.com/refine?bedrooms=4%2B&pax=&date_end=01-17-2016&date_start=12-20-2015&order=2&search=phuket%2C+thailand

USA, West Coast would be somewhere you'd get reasonable priced flights for both from UK and Australia (especially out of Sydney & Melbourne, $1000 return to SFO).

Sri Lanka is another option in Asia, absolutely amazing country, but more of a place for adults then kids. You might get a place in Singapore for that price as well, if you looked around carefully on AirBNB etc.

Yes totally agree with Sri Lanka,beautiful place,but more for adults as you've stated.

I would have thought that people coming all this way to see you would want to see Australia too, not another country.

But to each their own.

Then why did you suggest Hawaii?Can the OP get there on their budget,and also include accomo,food,drinks etc? Nothing wrong with wanting to go somewhere different.Perhaps they'd like a change,more culture,want to go somewhere nice that's not too long haul?Perhaps the folk in Oz don't want to spend their holidays accomodating someone else,cooking,cleaning etc and want a complete rest themselves.

Then why did you suggest Hawaii?Can the OP get there on their budget,and also include accomo,food,drinks etc? Nothing wrong with wanting to go somewhere different.Perhaps they'd like a change,more culture,want to go somewhere nice that's not too long haul?Perhaps the folk in Oz don't want to spend their holidays accomodating someone else,cooking,cleaning etc and want a complete rest themselves.

Because I thought he meant somewhere halfway between the 2 not on Australia's doorstep.

Having a month off work and self employed..budget is important; This rules out US. Bali is closer to Aus but seems better value especially when living for a month. Can be close to beach to surf, no car hire etc. still investigating and appreciate everybody's input and passion x

We have similar plans to meet up with my family this way once we move out. I have no intention of going back to the UK each year.

Also don't want to use all my annual leave up and not end up with a proper holiday.

And I hope to alternate the long haul. iE one year we meet in Europe. The next in Asia. (More than likely Bali)

I read this earlier on my phone and at that point was going to suggest Sri Lanka on the basis of direct flights to/from the UK and Australia and budget.

It's been mentioned already and not sure why it wouldn't be considered suitable for children but then I have never been one for pandering to our son preferring for him to experience other cultures and living history rather than the 'disneyland' approach.

I found a nice little article about family holidays in Sri Lanka http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/asia/srilanka/10621447/Sri-Lanka-family-holidays-the-amazing-Mr-Elephant.html

And well within budget - what about somewhere like this?

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/7882846?checkin=01-12-2015&checkout=31-12-2015&guests=6&s=wfWJ

I personally wouldn't go for Goa myself,unless the house was situated somewhere very quiet and well away from the tourists spots.I have to admit,I've never been there but I have travelled to other places in India.It gets the rap of being the "Benidorm"of India amongst other travellers,and for that reason alone,I would never go there.

I've never been to Thailand but its somewhere I would like to go,so perhaps look at that?

https://www.rentalhomes.com/refine?bedrooms=4%2B&pax=&date_end=01-17-2016&date_start=12-20-2015&order=2&search=phuket%2C+thailand

South Goa, or just over the border is still fine....probably not the best places for kids though.

You're right though, UK package deals started the destruction bringing in the beer monsters, and then Russian mob money just finished it off.

First time i went i paid 7p for a bottle of coke, and we were eating out for £3 a night with drinks. You can see why it became attractive to profiteers.