Interstate Flights

Guest guest30085

Guest guest30085

Hello

Ive been looking at flights for in a couple of weeks to fly interstate ex Perth. For some reason the prices have taken a steep hike.

Apparently flights have risen in price dramatically due to some people wanting to go to watch an oval shaped ball being thrown around :dull::wink: but I'm not travelling on those dates.

I know international flights become more expensive the nearer to travel that you book them, but are there never any cheap last minute deals here for domestic flights (yes I do know it's more expensive to fly

here unlike the UK where you can fly to Europe for three quid :wacko::tongue:).

I've tried sky scanner/flight centre and direct.

Are there ever any last minute bargains to be had?

If you join the frequent flyer programmes for Virgin ("Velocity") and Qantas, they often e-mail you details of last-minute "flash sales" with heavily reduced prices, although these are usually at very short notice and have restrictive dates when they are valid.

Virgin had a big bunch of reduced fares on domestic fares recently though.

From Brisbane I always find it is pretty reasonable up til a couple of weeks before the flight. Usually good competition between Jetstar and Tiger for the budget flights too.

Guest guest30085
Not sure if Tiger fly from Perth yet?

Hi hun, yes they do, I've found a cheap return with them, it's the way out that's expensive. Typical for Perth!

$300 more expensive than the return :-/.