Youth Worker wanting to migrate - job/visa prospects in NT?

jodipodi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...both SA and NT have financial requirements.... But NT don't require us to meet them if he goes from WHV to 190 (I think).... According to that screenshot I put on before....

Not sure what you mean - a WHV doesn't exempt you from anything, in fact Immigration takes a very dim view of people who try to use a WHV as a "back door" way of getting a visa (something your oh needs to remember if he gets questioned on arrival - if he admits he's trying to get work with a view to staying permanently, he'll be put back on the next plane!).

If you mean that having the 6 months' regional work will exempt him from the financial requirement, I'm not sure about that for either state. The financial requirement for SA is less (about $35,000 for a family compared to $65,000 for the NT).

I may be offline for a while as I'm off to my sister's place in a couple of hours. I do think it would be worth posting in the Migration section if you have any further questions about the in's and out's of the various visas in different states - there are far more knowledgeable people than me here, and they may have some inside knowledge they can share. There are agents here too who can help - don't worry, they will not hassle you for business or anything, they're not allowed to do that!

Edited by Marisawright

Yeah he needs an ochre card, police check and to do his first aid cert when he gets there.

Can you get an ochre card before arrival?!

Dunno, write and ask. Be aware that police checks can take months if they are international so that could be an issue. My son needed one in the opposite direction which, you would have thought would have been easier, and it took 4 months!

• 2 years later...