I'm tired of the incessant sunshine and warmth. No wonder so many people want to go home!

MARYROSE02

Same here, I'll probably get drunk during my first week but I don't want to spend the rest of my time drunk all the time. Also it would use up all my money

I was drunk / hungover for one whole year.........or so it seemed like.

Don't knock it.

Still had a fantastic time, best time of my life, had some never-to-be-repeated experiences and saw some amazing sites around the country (better than most Aussies it seems now).

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not even the middle of September, and apart from the odd, and welcome shower, all we are seeing here in Sydney is sun, sun, sun, and after chilly mornings, warm, warm, warm.

Don't come to Australia if you can't put up with at least eight months of this ever year, followed by what, in England, would be classed as summer, not winter!

My idea of Paradise.

B

Middle of May now, still sunny, still warm enough to swim in the sea, though cool out of the sun.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Not here it isn't ........................ was 6C when I took our dog for a walk this morning. Nice sunny day though - and is supposed to reach 16C.

• 3 weeks later...

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

It's not even the middle of September, and apart from the odd, and welcome shower, all we are seeing here in Sydney is sun, sun, sun, and after chilly mornings, warm, warm, warm.

Don't come to Australia if you can't put up with at least eight months of this ever year, followed by what, in England, would be classed as summer, not winter!

I know we have had a poor spring here ,December to may were pretty similar ,vut we have gone straight to 25c today .

The thing That really pisses me off about the u.k is there is such a lack of choice .

I mean do we do our shopping in Solihull ,Stratford,Leamington or Warwick or even Droitwich or Worcester

I mean if I want to go to London shopping ,the station is a qtr of a mile away ,and its £50 return for a family of four

Bloody rip off

And if I want to go further afield to say Rome,Venice,Barcelona or Madrid ,the bloody airport is 3 miles away ...bloody rubbish

P.s ...had the nsw weather on sky news showing Sydney and coffs harbour ...do you need some wellies or a strong brolly ?

P.s ...had the nsw weather on sky news showing Sydney and coffs harbour ...do you need some wellies or a strong brolly ?

Re Coffs.....Saturday night was brutal. No brolly would have been strong enough, and you could have drowned if you had wellies on as you would have become permanently waterlogged! And unfortunately the house took some storm damage to the roof so have just had that fixed. :sad:

I went for a drive on Sunday and it was as if the storm had never been, except for considerable damage around the Marina/Jetty area. Yes, in other areas there were a few trees down, but no water on the road or anything. Weird.

And today (Monday) was absolutely glorious. Warm and sunny with cloudless blue skies, and in the town centre, people were wandering around in t-shirts and shorts, enjoying the absolutely beautiful sunshine (1st week of winter no less).

BUT...I shouldn't get too complacent, as we are due more storms on Sunday, so I won't be throwing away the brolly/wellies just yet.

Edited by BackToLife

The storm has been the worst for years and years, major flooding, people have lost their lives and Tasmania has had the worst flooding for over 90 years.

Many people are suffering from the effects of the storm, so wellies won't really help.

I hope I was more sympathetic when UK had bad floods.

To be fair, BB61 was simply passing a comment on the weather, not the consequences.

Point taken, suppose I was just feeling so sorry for people who have lost their lives and been affected by the flooding. Rather than realising the reply was probably aimed at MR.

Edited by ramot