• Homes Down Under
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Title
      Liked
      10888 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Jonleahy View Post
      Hi just saw your post from last year, My wife and two kids hopefully will soon on the move to Adelaide from UK. (she is Australian) what was the primary school you mentioned?
      Prefer not to say on a public forum.

Wait till you are here, can check out areas, see what you can afford and what works re rentals, commutes and all that and I am sure it will fall in to place. If you are still interested then and the area falls into your radar as a possible I'd be happy to share then :)

Title
      Liked
      7 times
      Rep
      hi snifter.

chatted to you a few years ago when we were looking at moving over. Had a few issues with family and decided not to. We are back on it.

good to see you made the move to Adelaide and are very happy.

We are hitting a few issues as looking too old now.....boo.

having a last try.

Lovely to to see you on here still. Congrats on moving. Xxx

Title
      Liked
      10888 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by amanda12 View Post
      hi snifter.

chatted to you a few years ago when we were looking at moving over. Had a few issues with family and decided not to. We are back on it.

good to see you made the move to Adelaide and are very happy.

We are hitting a few issues as looking too old now.....boo.

having a last try.

Lovely to to see you on here still. Congrats on moving. Xxx
      Hey there :) Yup, very happy here and settled well. Hopefully you can still get a visa and make the move if its what you really want. Adelaide isn't the easiest place work wise atm so consider all options and states when applying, at least to get you here, then once here you can move elsewhere if need be at a later date.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

Great update

Quote Originally Posted by snifter View Post
      Hey there :) Yup, very happy here and settled well. Hopefully you can still get a visa and make the move if its what you really want. Adelaide isn't the easiest place work wise atm so consider all options and states when applying, at least to get you here, then once here you can move elsewhere if need be at a later date.
      Thanks for this update - really useful!

Title
      Liked
      75 times
      Rep
      Just caught up with this update! Nice one, thanks and well done. After a few years of kicking the can down the road which have included a recce and then a trip to WA earlier this year, we have finally decided to have a serious look at SA (again) South Australia is the only state where Kirsty's job is listed, but it is/was/is our first choice anyway.

Interesting what you say about the Supermarkets. I remember first walking into a Coles and/or Woolies when I first visited Australia in 1999 and was thinking I had gone back 20 years to a time I never knew. But on subsequent visits they have improved, to the point that in WA in Feb I was pretty much able to tick off/purchase all the things that I/we buy in Sainsburys in the UK. And I'm a gluten free fussy eater!

Anyway, the visa is lodged and we are coming over to SA - and doing a road trip to visit friends in Victoria - in February. And this time it really will be the final decision.
      Kirsty is the main applicant. Vetassess rec/proc 17/12/13 (finally) a positive assessment 10/06/14. ILETS 19/03/16 overall 8.5 score rec 01/04/16, 190 EOI for SA Lodged 07/12/16. If successful the plan is to make the move during 2017....

•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123