Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot - OCCUPATION REMOVED July 2017

CaptainR

Good day sir,

I am appearing for Master oral exam on 1st week of march 2017 at Melbourne.

Kindly assist me with past paper or any study material.

kind regards

surendra upadhyay

kindly visit the initial page of this thread. All related study materials are in the Dropbox for reference.

• 3 weeks later...

Good day Captain C/captain R

Thanks a lot for creating this forum.

I have few queries for the points system and it would be great help if you could clarify or guide me on the same.

I am eligible for 30 points based on age

another 10 points based on my work exp between 5- 8 years

Another 10 points based on my PTE score.

All this brings it to 50 points .

How can i Stretch it to minimum points of 60 or more which is the requirement.

I do have a bachelors in nautical science from indira gandhi national open university . Presently i am working as a chief officer.

Thanks in advance

Sarang

I have few queries for the points system and it would be great help if you could clarify or guide me on the same.

I do have a bachelors in nautical science from indira gandhi national open university . Presently i am working as a chief officer.

Thanks in advance

Sarang

Aged 25-32 = 30 Points

IELTS Level 8 = 20 Points (Level 7 = 10 points)

5-8 Years Work Experience = 10 Points

Positive Skills Assessment (AMSA Oral) = 10 Points

Total: 70 Points

Good day Everyone,

Can any one advice the procedure to obtain Marshall Islands Police Clearance Certificate.

Thanks a lot.

In order to obtain your police certificate you must apply to:

Police Commissioner

Department of Public Safety

PO Box 1222

Majuro

Marshall Islands MH 96960

Telephone: 692-625-4049

Fax: 692-625-5134

https://www.facebook.com/MarshallIslandsPoliceDepartment/

Edited by CaptainR

Thanks in advance

Sarang

Hello there

You can send your IGNOU bachelors for VETASSES assessment and it will earn you additional 15 points. I got a positive outcome in 1 month time.

When are you planning for orals ? I will be attempting Chief mates COR around mid of April 2017.

Important reminder and update:

The Department of Education and Training is currently reviewing the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) for 2017-18. Ships Officer, Ships Master and Ships Engineer are presently flagged for removal. The Australian Maritime Officers Union has met with the Department for Education and the Department for Immigration Ministers and are petitioning for the occupations to be removed from the SOL and possibly the CSOL.

The new SOL should be announced in May and will take effect from 1st July. If you do not anticipate that you will have a positive skills assessment, EOI Invite and have already submitted a visa application by the 1st of July, then you should be aware that there is a real risk that the occupation will be removed from the list and you will not be able to apply.

Also please consider that Australia presently has a far greater number of experienced seafarers than jobs at the moment, a stark contrast to 3 years ago and very few jobs have been advertised in the last 12 months. Many Australian colleagues are working overseas and commuting back to Australia, so if you are still going ahead to move to Australia as a qualified seafarer, do consider that you will most probably need to continue at sea outside Australia (albeit still liable for Australian tax on all of your earnings) or take employment in an alternative industry in Australia until the market conditions improve.

https://submissions.education.gov.au/forms/archive/2015_16_sol/documents/Australian%20Institute%20of%20Marine%20and%20Power%20Engineers.pdf

https://www.education.gov.au/skilled-occupations-list-sol

Edited by CaptainR

Important reminder and update:

The Department of Education and Training is currently reviewing the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) for 2017-18. Ships Officer, Ships Master and Ships Engineer are presently flagged for removal. The Australian Maritime Officers Union has met with the Department for Education and the Department for Immigration Ministers and are petitioning for the occupations to be removed from the SOL and possibly the CSOL.

The new SOL should be announced in May and will take effect from 1st July. If you do not anticipate that you will have a positive skills assessment, EOI Invite and have already submitted a visa application by the 1st of July, then you should be aware that there is a real risk that the occupation will be removed from the list and you will not be able to apply.

Also please consider that Australia presently has a far greater number of experienced seafarers than jobs at the moment, a stark contrast to 3 years ago and very few jobs have been advertised in the last 12 months. Many Australian colleagues are working overseas and commuting back to Australia, so if you are still going ahead to move to Australia as a qualified seafarer, do consider that you will most probably need to continue at sea outside Australia (albeit still liable for Australian tax on all of your earnings) or take employment in an alternative industry in Australia until the market conditions improve.

https://submissions.education.gov.au/forms/archive/2015_16_sol/documents/Australian%20Institute%20of%20Marine%20and%20Power%20Engineers.pdf

https://www.education.gov.au/skilled-occupations-list-sol

Hello Capt R

In this case , can we submit EOI as soon as we clear orals ? Since the assessment letter takes a little while to reach us.

Hello Capt R

In this case , can we submit EOI as soon as we clear orals ? Since the assessment letter takes a little while to reach us.

Unfortunately no, you must have your positive skills assessment prior to submitting the EOI, the EOI requires the reference number from the Skills Assessment and the date of the skills assessment letter cannot be after the date of the EOI submission.

Hello captain R,

Can you please clear two possibilities,

1 If we submit EOI before 1st July and didn't get invitaion before 1st July and occupation gets removed from Sol.

2 If we submit before 1st July and get the invitation, what will be the chances of grant of visa.

thanks in advance.

Hello captain R,

Can you please clear two possibilities,

1 If we submit EOI before 1st July and didn't get invitaion before 1st July and occupation gets removed from Sol.

2 If we submit before 1st July and get the invitation, what will be the chances of grant of visa.

thanks in advance.

1) You must have received your invitation and actually submitted a visa application to DIBP prior to the 1st July if the occupations are removed from the SOL.

2) The chances would be the same as now, as long as you have an invitatio, submit an application and meet all the points requirements with appropriate evidence before the 1st July, your visa will be processed as normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I just cleared my AMSA orals for COR as Master . I will be applying for work visa as soon as I receive skill assessment letter from AMSA. 

Will update the Dropbox with questions in due time . 

Can someone please clarify me regarding work experience accessment done by immigration  dep. 

Since most of us work on contractual basis , how the actual work experience is counted . 

Is it the actual seatime done on vessel or time time you have been employed by the company, i.e including the time u spent on leave . 

Would appreciate the help from someone who has actually applied for work visa .

Cheers 

lali 

• Like 1

Hey guys!

Just passed my orals cor - chief mate. CaptainR, CaptainC and all the rest of you guys, that included information in the drop box - i am about 85% certain i would not have passed if not for your help!

I will upload a pdf file which I found usefull and a word doc with the questions.

Thank you one more time!

• Like 1

On 4/6/2017 at 10:19 AM, jorkaev87 said:

Hey guys!

Just passed my orals cor - chief mate. CaptainR, CaptainC and all the rest of you guys, that included information in the drop box - i am about 85% certain i would not have passed if not for your help!

I will upload a pdf file which I found usefull and a word doc with the questions.

Thank you one more time!

Congrats !! 

Please post the files at the earliest. I am having my orals for Mate's COR in 2 weeks time. Thank you.

Hi guys,

I recently received an invitation to apply for 189 visa . Can someone who has already  been granted the visa , advise about uploading documents on immi account . It is asking for certified copy of all documents , I Came across few threads on internet , where people have mentioned that only coloured scan copy is sufficient .

can someone pls clarify . 

cheers

capt . Lali