moving to darwin in 3 months

Deeney4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again guys, I have another question for you.

I'm aware that Darwin can be a very expensive place to live. My starting annual salary will be $85,000. As a single guy with no family who will be renting an apartment, I'm curious to know if locals think this is a comfortable salary to survive in Darwin. I won't be living in a palace so I'm gonna find a cheaper place to live, fully furnished. Any comments and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, and many thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi again guys, I have another question for you.

I'm aware that Darwin can be a very expensive place to live. My starting annual salary will be $85,000. As a single guy with no family who will be renting an apartment, I'm curious to know if locals think this is a comfortable salary to survive in Darwin. I won't be living in a palace so I'm gonna find a cheaper place to live, fully furnished. Any comments and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, and many thanks in advance!

Hi Canada2Australia

Myself and my family totaling of 6 are living on that wage but just about! It is expensive here but a single guy should live quite comfortably on that wage, i would have thought!

Becki :)

Hi Canada2Australia

Myself and my family totaling of 6 are living on that wage but just about! It is expensive here but a single guy should live quite comfortably on that wage, i would have thought!

Becki :)

Awesome. I was afraid it might turn into a Sydney-type nightmare for me, but I've heard from a few others, including yourself now, that I should be more than okay, which gives me confidence that my finances will be okay :)

Thanks BeckiBoo!

• 4 weeks later...

Well everyone, I hadn't checked my Immuaccount in about 5 or 6 days figuring that the holiday season would yield no result in my visa application. I decided to check about 15 minutes ago because something told me I should check it. Lo and behold, the status changed to "finalised" as of December 24th. So based on that, I'm assuming that my 457 was granted December 24!!! So I'm officially moving to Darwin!!! I'm still in a bit of shock. I was expecting no movement until well into January due to the holiday season. Instead, I ended up with the best Christmas gift ever!!! I am so thankful to our Lord for blessing me with this opportunity of a lifetime; this is only happening because of him!

So I would suggest everyone stay faithful; your time will come soon enough :)

Well, flight leaves tomorrow. I think I took care of everything but will likely have forgotten one or two small things; no biggie. Said my goodbyes to most people. I've moved across my own massive country before, but never half way around the world!! I have a whole lot of emotions going right now; such as is this the right decision? will I succeed or fail at my new job? will I succeed or fail at living in another country? is this really the right decision for me as a person? do I really want to leave Canada? Of course I'm still going, but its amazing how all of this comes to light right before you leave. Just natural of course. Still exciting!

• 5 weeks later...
What is the scene for getting a job in the accountancy stream in Darwin. I am yet deciding which portion of Australia should I emigrate to. Darwin is on my mind as it is not so developed , and living standard may be low , correct me if I am wrong please

Darwin is quite an expensive place to live in. I'm sure other members here who live in Darwin can give you a better idea of the cost of living there.

• 9 months later...

Hi hope u don't mind me joining in we just got visa granted for 190 and

looking to be there in January we from the uk would love to meet up with people when we arrive we have a twelve and fifteen year old

and really hoping we can settle them quickly very exciting ?