Anyone used Iron Lady Imports to ship their car over?

Novice

Hi all,

I'm going to ship over my dad's MG Midget (not because I need it, more like an heirloom).

I've been getting quotes, and they're all slightly different in the info they provide.

Has anyone used Iron Lady Imports to ship over a car?

If so, would you recommend?

Cheers.

Ricky

We did and they were great. They gave me a complete list of costs I would face, any that had to be estimated they tended to overestimate so there would be no nasty shocks. In the end there were some issues accessing the vin number somewhere to verify and that cost extra, but adding everything up it all cost a bit under the total they estimated.

they can also give you quotes on different options re the actual shipping, this was useful for us and we ended up saving money by using a less obvious route.

• 2 months later...

Did you go ahead with shipping your MG with iron lady?? What was your experience,costings etc. Currently looking to ship land rover and thinking it might be a good option for me to ship in a sole use container so I can ship all my belongings alongside? Might save a few pennies somehow

Hi all,

I'm going to ship over my dad's MG Midget (not because I need it, more like an heirloom).

I've been getting quotes, and they're all slightly different in the info they provide.

Has anyone used Iron Lady Imports to ship over a car?

If so, would you recommend?

Cheers.

Ricky

I used them for two cars and, for the most part, was very impressed. Overall the process was quite simple and they were more than happy to help with any questions at any time. The process in Aus especially was excellent with everything done with no trouble what so ever...

I would recommend them for sure. They know what they are talking about and make the process simple and just leaves one thing less you have to worry about. They are not super cheap but if you make one mistake doing it yourself you could easily spend their cost so for the peace of mind, its a no brainer for me...

Recently received my car here in Melbourne, and I must say IronLady Imports did an excellent job. Kristian (Ironlady) and Blake (Arrows Engineering) were extremely helpful, answered my endless questions (some of them stupid I know). I received the car in exactly 2 months time (including the time it took for customs, quarantine, road worthy compliance, registration. I shipped my car via RoRo and as Savitar says, they (IL) make things easier for you.

Hi, Sorry for the delay in answering (trouble remembering password etc.)

Anyway, I have engaged Iron Lady Imports, but it is still too early to comment on service as my dad has been very slow in getting the car to the recieving yard in the UK.

It is now there and at the begining of the journey.

I will update all at the end of the experience (whenever that is)

Regards,

Ricky