hello

Emma Newby

thank you... having a gander at the mountains of information available.... mine is mostly about dogs.... shipping them and finding accommodation on arrival... but I'm sure I will get the hang of it :)

Shipping dogs and finding accommodation is pretty straightforward.

You find a pet shipper to walk you through that process, plan in advance, a good seven months.

Finding accommodation is not too bad either, unless you have three very large dogs say, then it could get tricky!

thanks, but can't find anything about the quarantine, some say you can visit, others say not.... google isn't helping

Visiting was perfectly possible a few years ago, I am not aware than anything changed but it might have with the new quarantine rules. But it is only ten days now and to be honest, think hard about visiting anyway. Might be good for you, but it might not be so good for your pet, who doesn't understand why you came to see him and then left. My pets suffered enormously after our visit, they had been ok up until then but were very distressed that we left them behind after visiting.

Have friends in Melbourne, so first 12 months will be there.... long term, I am looking at Newcastle, whilst the OH is looking for Wollongong.

Moving is one of the big stress factors in life, I am not sure I would put all my effort into moving to one place, settling in, finding new jobs, starting to build a life, with the intention of moving on after a year. Why not have a good think about where you want to be and go straight there? If that is not Melbourne, well it is easy enough to get there for visits to see your friends.

Is your visa sorted?