visa label from Bali?

mungbean

hi all

I'm going to be in Europe soon and then flying back to Sydney with a few days in Bali... I don't have a visa sticker in my passport.

Is this going to be OK from Denpasar airport or will I need to go and get a label put in before I depart from Aus?

And where do we generally look to find this kind of info? I had a look on http://www.border.gov.au/ but kept going round in circles...

thanks!

I am sure that anywhere you look officially, it will say no visa label is required. That is the official answer.

Me, I would get it anyway. The systems do not appear to be infallible, we had a few problems over the years and were very glad to have the physical label more than once.

Hmmm... $150 for a sticker that will (hopefully) only be valid for another 12 months maximum, as I'm in the process of applying for a 186.

I managed to find a form to contact the Australian embassy in Jakarta. Let's see if I get any useful response from there.

• 1 month later...
We are going to Bali in a few weeks and have no visa label. Although we plan to have a copy of our visa notification from IMMI with us in paper form.

Where'd you go, @srh82? I ended up staying (randomly) in Ubud.

First time there - loved it!

And the best thing: only 6 hours to fly back to Sydney. :)