TRA skill assessment: program officer deduct 1 years from my 8 years exp. < so much tensed>

strikker

hello every one,

i want to share my problem with you.

Today I received my skill assessment outcome. I got successful result ( by the grace of ALLAH) but I was shocked to notice that the skill assessment program officer has deducted my one year and 1 month experience of working form my whole working experience time period.

I present my working experience from Feb 2007 to May 2015. By this I assume that I will get points of more than 8 years of experience. TRA accepted the employment time period after the date of issue of my MSc. Degree which is 06 march, 2008.

My Master of Science education complete in December 2006 (I have provided statutory declaration letter for this with my application). I started work in my skilled employment occupation from FEB 2007. I have also provided my appointment letter with authorized attestation. I have sent all my true and genuine documents with my application.

Since I am from Pakistan and in my country, the education degree awarded after the completion of one and half or two years of study. This is why the date mentioned on transcript or degree is 08/03/2008. my concern is that is case officer required some more evidence then why they don't contact to applicant. just give result what ever it is.

i am much tensed because with 8 years i was getting 15 point of working experience (total 65 points) and not after deduction i am getting 10 point so my total is now 60 points. althogh i am still fulfill minumim requirement but obviously the low preference.

i want to know what i do now. do i contact to TRA for this or this final and nothing will change. Please guide.

thank you.

It is normal that skilled e perience only counts from the date of qualification. Anything prior to that is considered training.

Regarding your dates I am not sure what you mean. Are you saying that you finished your course in December 2006 but the certificate dated March 2008? That is more than a year gap? I don't understand why, was it a mistake? Or does your course gave a practical year?

Thanks for reply. no this is not a mistake. looks i gave final exams in Dec 2006 and result comes out in january 2007. this was just a result which shows the grade or GP. on that basis i apply for job and start working from FEB 2007. i also provide my appointment letter with my application which shows the date.

now in pakistan the certificate or degree award after one year or more than it. this is a useless process for which we can not do any thing. we have to follow it.now the date presented on my certificate r degree is 08 march 2008 while i am working in my skilled occupation from feb 2007. now may be you undesrstand what happened with me.

@strikker I think that it would be fruitless to bother with any attempts to get TRA to reconsider the work experience, before submitting an EOI. Any appeal is likely to take some time and may not yield the result that you want.

You still pass the points test with 60 points so if I were you I'd forget about the extra 5 points and go ahead with your EOI. You can always appeal it while the EOI is in process, and if you get the result you want from TRA then you can change the EOI to increase the work experience. If you don't get the desired result then at least you'll still have an active EOI.

Doing it this way will not delay your prospects of a visa invitation, it will actually be a more efficient use of time.

i have plan to go for state nomination 190 for SA. i got some advice that since i still got 60 points so apply for state nomination and wait for your better luck.

some advice that i should wait few month till march 2016 so that my 8 years will be completed and i will get 15 point of work experience (total 65) so this will increase my chances of visa. i am confused. becouse if i get refused the visa fees is a big loss. i have my wife and a kid in my application.

Don't worry about points score, you pass now, even without the extra year of experience. If you put an EOI in now then you are practically guaranteed to receive an invite long before March, so you will have wasted all that time when you could even potentially have your visa granted long before March.

Points score only really matter at the invitation stage, and as long as your visa application agrees with your EOI then it is of no advantage whether you have 60 points or 600. Points are used to allow you to receive an invitation quicker....that's all really.

can any one explains the below three points to me. does i need to provide any undertaking or decleration with my application to SA or this is something i will provide when i arrive in SA.

1. Commitment to South Australia1.1 State nomination is provided to meet skills needs of this state and is granted on the basis of the applicant’s genuine interest and commitment to living and working in South Australia for two years from the date of arrival, with a view to long-term settlement.

You must confirm this commitment by:

1.1.1 Undertaking first-hand, thorough and meaningful research on South Australia and providing your reasons for wanting to migrate to South Australia in the online application form.

1.1.2 Undertaking research on job opportunities in South Australia and any occupation licensing or registration requirements.

1.1.3 If you are onshore, you may be required to provide evidence of South Australian residence and that your employment has primarily been in South Australia.

the reference link is below pasted.

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/nomination-process/skilled-nomination-requirements

It means that you must have a full commitment to SA, and you will be required to provide evidence that you intend to live and work there for at least 2 years.

It limits your options somewhat I feel. If you have the points already then personally, unless your occupation is subject to the pro rata arrangements, I can't understand why anybody would want to go through state sponsorship (which isn't guaranteed) (when the simpler and broader 189 independent visa is available to them.

Edited by CaptainC

no, i can not go for 189 as already they deduct my work exp so by adding 5 point of state, now my total points become 60. i have heard that on state nomination (190/489) they give some how preference and fast processing. is it true?

secondly i ask above that , does i need to provide any undertaking or decleration with my application to SA or this is something i will provide when i arrive in SA.

i mean i have to make some undertaking to attach with my application or this is some thing i will commit when i reach australia?

no, i can not go for 189 as already they deduct my work exp so by adding 5 point of state, now my total points become 60. i have heard that on state nomination (190/489) they give some how preference and fast processing. is it true?

secondly i ask above that , does i need to provide any undertaking or decleration with my application to SA or this is something i will provide when i arrive in SA.

i mean i have to make some undertaking to attach with my application or this is some thing i will commit when i reach australia?

Ok, I understand now. You didn't state that you had 55 points before state nomination, it makes a big difference to how these questions are tackled.

You'll have to provide this evidence before the sponsorship will be granted. I'd suggest employing a MARA agent to assist you with this part.

190 is not a faster process for the visa application on the whole, but if timed correctly can be faster for an invitation.

ohhhh... sorry that i did'nt make it clear before. now you understand my situation. it means you think i need to provide these evidences along with my application of state nomination.

Ok i will consult with aony MARA agent that how can i prepare this document. do you have any idea that what ype of this document is? any sample or reference?

ohhhh... sorry that i did'nt make it clear before. now you understand my situation. it means you think i need to provide these evidences along with my application of state nomination.

Ok i will consult with aony MARA agent that how can i prepare this document. do you have any idea that what ype of this document is? any sample or reference?

I can only repeat what I've read on here as I have no personal experience with it, a MARA agent would give you the best advice and also give you the best chance at being successful. That being said, consider including personal contacts that you have in SA, obtain letters from employers that would be willing to employ you subject to your successful migration, evidence that you've contacted schools for your children. The list is endless to be honest, so the agent is your best bet unless someone comes along to this thread that has been in your situation before. The different states have different requirements and criteria so you will need to consider that when planning your application.

Hi strikker,

Just curious, which pathway did you take for the TRA? was it TRA MSA? and when did you receive your acknowledgement letter? I received the acknowledgement letter on 6th May but still haven't heard anything yet,,

Thanks

Al

Edited by savedbytheson