any help would be good for a bus driver

Damien Wild

hello i am 33 and a bus driver and was just looking in to how hard and what i may need if i wanted to look at moving and getting work any help would be very great

Unkess you have citizenship through a parent or an old PR visa, then I am afraid it would currently be impossible for you. Retraining in a career in demand would be your only way forward, not something I would do, but people have and you are young enough.

Retraining in a career in demand would be your only way forward, not something I would do, but people have and you are young enough.

And the strange thing is that, after doing the above, and after getting a heavy rigid licence, you could probably quite easily get a job as a bus driver if you really wanted to stay in the industry. (Or until you found another job to your liking).

Just like in the bus industry the world over, there is a constant turnover of staff. I have known several bus companies here who at times have been crying out for drivers, but the driving jobs are never on any of the skilled occupations lists so are not eligible for sponsorship or skilled migration.

Ok thanks all for your help might try looking in a different place then see what USA ok Canada say about job to thanks again

You can forget about the US, it is extremely hard to move to, it just isn't going to happen. I don't know about Canada either way.

Ok thanks all for your help might try looking in a different place then see what USA ok Canada say about job to thanks again

They are as bad,if not worse. Most developed countries have very strict laws for migration these days. Your best bet, if you just want to get out of the UK, is to look at other European countries - but of course then you'll need to learn another language and learn to drive on the wrong side of the road.

Honestly, there is no magic about migration. There is no "better life" in Australia or the US or Canada or New Zealand, it's just different. Some people love the differences, some people absolutely hate them. You stand just as much chance of finding a better life by trying somewhere else in the UK first.