One is coming for you Melbourne!

Good Afternoon/Evening/Morning guys!

After visiting my best friend in Melbourne this May/June, I have decided to make the move.

I bought my Visa last Sunday, and had it granted within 5mins! :o It's only a Working Holiday Visa, but that is so I can sample Melbourne for the year to see if it's right for me.

After living in London for the past 3 years (moved home to Berkshire Sep 2014), Melbourne was so refreshing in the sense that it offers what I want; A cosmopolitan lifestyle, but being so much more relaxed (and by the water too).

I'll be moving to the inner suburbs of the CBD early Feb 2016, with my best friend.

I'm incredibly excited about the new experience, as I'm no longer 16 (when I joined PomsInOz), so being 23 now I can take this leap.

I'll be upset to leave my family of course, but the effort to communicate as much as possible will be made.

I am currently a Manager for Kurt Geiger/Designer Footwear in Windsor,Berkshire, and will most probably aim for something similar in Melbourne, or a creative office environment for example, or even something totally random.

I hope that Melbourne will give me the chance to be more active, more sociable, more positive and just enjoy starting afresh.

That is my little spiel.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!

Let me know how you're all doing :)

Chris :jiggy:

Hey Stacey!

Ah yes I am excited, nervous too - mainly just because of finances and trying to save up as much as possible for bonds, flights etc :o

My friend is currently doing farm work in Margaret River, WA to get her second year visa :P It's funny that our first pad together will be on the other side of the world!

What is your situation then? Are you waiting to hear back about your visa? Mine might've gotten granted quickly because it was only a working holiday visa 417.

Hey Stacey!

Ah yes I am excited, nervous too - mainly just because of finances and trying to save up as much as possible for bonds, flights etc :o

My friend is currently doing farm work in Margaret River, WA to get her second year visa :P It's funny that our first pad together will be on the other side of the world!

What is your situation then? Are you waiting to hear back about your visa? Mine might've gotten granted quickly because it was only a working holiday visa 417.

At least you've still got till next year to save up although it'll go quickly! Did she find it easy or hard to find the farm work? I'm going on a working holiday too but I originally applied last year and then couldn't use it. So this is me applying again but its taking ages, last time it was 2 hours! Maybe they think I'm dodgy lol. I'm heading to Sydney in November. I'm just a bit stressed the now about money etc but i'll hopefully be fine once everythings sorted

That I do, I am a terrible saver though :unsure: but needs must!!!!

I was with them when they were sorting out their farm work, they were a group of 2 boys and 5 girls, so was hard for them all to get something together, and they ended up splitting up! 3 went to Cairns, and the other 4 went to Margaret River. They managed to get work within 2weeks of being there though, but was tricky. Maybe it was the wrong season? Not too sure, but all worked for them in the end! Nat, Lauren, Andy and Tom are olive picking ;) They seem to be enjoying the simple life in their beach house too ha!

Haha! Nah I'm sure they know you're not dodgy! :jiggy:Thats a shame that you couldn't go when you wanted :( Is there a waiting time/gap before you can apply again? Maybe that's why it's taking a while? Have you contacted them to find out what is going on?

Sydney will be fun! Have you been before? It's pretty expensive i see :o

I'm a terrible saver too - I do well sometimes but then it just disappears! I'm not even sure i'll do my 2nd year work, I'm thinking of only staying the year.. maybe even less than that. It all depends on how much I like it tbh! I don't think so, they cancelled my visa for me on the 22nd and I applied again the same day. I got the email saying they had received the application but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Hey Stacey, sorry for lateness!

Let's say if you love it in your first year, you can actually get sponsored by the company to get a proper visa, so you wouldn't have to do regional work for your 2nd year visa ;) so bare that in mind. My friend's Nat, Andy, Lauren and Tom all got sponsored (their jobs being in a call centre, barman, sales and marketing). So if they like you, they will want to keep you and pay for the sponsorship :D

I think you should send a little email to IMMI just to find out about your visa ;)

I got my visa a few days ago. Just going to book my flight soon. I didn't think it was possible to get sponsored in those jobs. That wouldn't be possible for me and im not expecting it, if I like it then I'll come home and retrain. The only other way of staying would be if I met someone over there but again - not expecting that

Yay! Fantastic news Stacey! Funny that we were talking about you waiting for it, and now it's been granted! You must be relieved? :):):)

Oh yes I know, I was very surprised about the sponsorship for those jobs...guessing being British has it's upside downunder ;)

What is it that you're looking to do workwise then in AUS? :)

• 4 weeks later...

Flights booked today! Shall be arriving in Melbourne 8th Feb 2016! :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: