The big Freeze downunder

PommyPaul

http://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/antarctic-vortex-worst-is-over-but-cold-weather-will-continue/story-e6frflp0-1227439487014

NSW Police flooded its Facebook feed about how dangerous it is to drive in snow in the Blue Mountains and that you will get stuck... Very little snow settled, but the tailbacks on the highway were extensive with people from Sydney going looking for snow.

Our back garden is very sheltered (and is a bit of a suntrap) it reached 20C there today :shocked: Mind you as you turn the corner to go down the side of the house, the wind was blowing and it must have dropped a few degrees.

My house is like that. At the front the sun just hits and feels lovely, same at the side under the patio. The back of the house though is very cool and darker. Verandah's all round. It makes for a nice place to sit year round though, I can sit out the back comfortably in 35d but if I try the side under the patio it's unbearable.

Double figures at night this week and high teens , nothing unusual here for mid winter. Still not got any heating it's a game now how long I can tough it out. Just need to put a fleece or a cardi on inside. I'm such a sad sack I put my OHs hoody on to keep warm and remind me of him :rolleyes:

........funny how we get used to the weather....

.........6* this morning......14 now nearly 11:00 am...

.........I love the cooler weather,just a cardy if it's windy....

.........but been splitting logs all morning for the wood burner as OH says he's cold...!!!

.........I'm off to the beach with the dogs.......

.........walking weather imo....!

It's been a cold one in Canberra so far, last year we had a few cold nights but nothing major, this year it's been continual minus figures for the last 6 weeks. I've had my first Aussie cold after 3 years.

I have the feeling this is El Nino kicking in and we're going to get some very hot dry weather for a few years, so it's a good job we're getting rain at the moment.