AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi everyone i am applying for my citizenship but in last one year i lived abroad for 4 months so should i apply after adding those 4 months in to my stay here in australia or i can apply exactly after completing four years?

secondly do i need PCC for my stay there?

You only need to have lived in Australia for 3 out of the last 4 years (including 9 months out of the last 12 months) and provided the first time you legally entered Australia was 4 or more years ago and at no point in the last 4 years were you in Australia without a valid visa and that you had PR for the last 12 months.

So if that 4 months was in the last 12 months of your residency period then you'd have to wait until 9 months after you returned to Australia (so you meet the 9 months out of the last 12 months rule). If you first entered Australia (even if you didn't stay long) over 4 years ago you can start your residency a year before you actually moved to Australia (since you're allowed to be out of Australia for a year of your residency period). If you are doing that then yes you would have to add the 4 months to your stay (as you would only being able to use 8 of the months before you arrived and not 12).

As to your second question, no you only need to submit a PCC for countries that you lived in for 12 months or more (unless they specifically ask otherwise - which is highly unlikely).

Edited by Ken

Thanks Ken,

I have been living in Australia since August 2013, i went abroad once for two months and in this last year for 4 months and came back in december 2016 after that last visit.

My 4 years completing in August 2017 so i need to wait for 9 months which exactly are from december 2016 till August 2017.

So i am all good to go for applying then? This 9 month rule no one mentioned do you have any link for it?

I have PR from Nov 2015.

wishes

annoisa

You only need to have lived in Australia for 3 out of the last 4 years (including 9 months out of the last 12 months) and provided the first time you legally entered Australia was 4 or more years ago and at no point in the last 4 years were you in Australia without a valid visa and that you had PR for the last 12 months.

So if that 4 months was in the last 12 months of your residency period then you'd have to wait until 9 months after you returned to Australia (so you meet the 9 months out of the last 12 months rule). If you first entered Australia (even if you didn't stay long) over 4 years ago you can start your residency a year before you actually moved to Australia (since you're allowed to be out of Australia for a year of your residency period). If you are doing that then yes you would have to add the 4 months to your stay (as you would only being able to use 8 of the months before you arrived and not 12).

As to your second question, no you only need to submit a PCC for countries that you lived in for 12 months or more (unless they specifically ask otherwise - which is highly unlikely).

Congrats. Looks like Sydney is much quicker than Melbourne. Applied 29th Jan and haven't heard nothing

Shriniwas any luck on getting 15 march ceremony for you?

Don't worry Mate you will get it soon. infact for Melbourne ppl luckiest than other states because we got an opportunity to change test date by our own (online) instead of calling immi.

Regarding my ceremony date, I don't thing I'll get a place in March I'm expecting on May or June. see below

Citizenship ceremony dates for boroondara council:

· 10am, Thursday 26 January (Australia Day), 2017

· 7pm, Wednesday 15 March, 2017 - Doubtful

· 7pm, Thursday 18 May, 2017

· 7pm, Wednesday 28 June, 2017

· 7pm, Tuesday 19 September, 2017

· 7pm, Tuesday 10 October, 2017

· 7pm, Thursday 23 November, 2017

Hai

I got my rsms approved 10 dec 2015, i am giving my test this february. Do i have to wait till 10 dec 2017 to give cermony ?? Or can it be happened before also ? As there is a 2 year condition on RSMS

Ceremony will be done within 6 months of approval. You dnt need to wait for a year. Rsms has no impact on citizenship ceremony. And there is no condition to work for 2 year actually its obligation.

Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

gday folks

i am going to apply for citizenship on 23 feb,i have got few question if somebody can help.first one is about 1195 form about idenitity declearation where i need to get somebody to comlete my form who needs to be australian citizenship and from one of those specific trades,and he must be known to you from last one year,now i went to few people like guy from post office,bank and they say coz they dont knoe me from last one year they cant sign it,what can i do here,second qustion is i am in western australia in denmark will i get date for test quickly in albany or in perth,if anybody have experieced it before.cheers

Hi,

How long did it take for citizenship ceremony from Maribyrnong council after your approval? Anyone with similar timeline please reply.

My timeline -

1. Date Applied: 3/12/2016

2. City/Council Area: Melbourne, Maribyrnong

3. Online / Paper: Online

4. Date Received the Acknowledgement Email: 3/12/2016

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: 10/01/2017

7. Date of Citizenship Approval: 10/01/2017

8. Date of ceremony: N/A

9. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): N/A

Hi Guys,

All you people are so helpful here on this forum. I thank you all for giving guidance and support to others. It has helped me a lot to understand the whole process and its timeline through your experiences. I also want to share my information so that other people can keep a track on it and can ask for any guidance and information.

1. Date Applied: 18/09/2016

4. Date Received the Acknowledgement Email: 18/09/2016

5. Date Received the Citizenship Test Email: 24/09/2016

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: 09/01/2017

6a. Later Changed Test-Date: 12/10/2016

7. Date of ceremony: N/A

I am also seeking some information.

Although they have already mentioned on the Test Appointment Email that Test Appointment takes 2 hours!

But still Can anyone tell me approximately how much time (including wait time, test time & application documents review time etc.) it takes on the Test Day at Melbourne Immi Office? I am a single Applicant.

Please let me know as my schedule is pretty tight on that day. Thank you.

gday folks

i am going to apply for citizenship on 23 feb,i have got few question if somebody can help.first one is about 1195 form about idenitity declearation where i need to get somebody to comlete my form who needs to be australian citizenship and from one of those specific trades,and he must be known to you from last one year,now i went to few people like guy from post office,bank and they say coz they dont knoe me from last one year they cant sign it,what can i do here,second qustion is i am in western australia in denmark will i get date for test quickly in albany or in perth,if anybody have experieced it before.cheers

How about a doctor, a dentist or a tax agent? They would all have records of meeting you personally. If not, I would find the person in the bank who opened my account (their name should be on it) and try to ask them directly.

Hi,

How long did it take for citizenship ceremony from Maribyrnong council after your approval? Anyone with similar timeline please reply.

My timeline -

1. Date Applied: 3/12/2016

4. Date Received the Acknowledgement Email: 3/12/2016

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: 10/01/2017

7. Date of Citizenship Approval: 10/01/2017

8. Date of ceremony: N/A

9. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): N/A

Maribyrnong council take forever. I waited 5.5 months then the DIBP put me on one of their own ceremonies in East Melbourne (actually just across the road from their CBD office where I sat the citizenship exam). My wife had waited 4.5 months from her exam before we moved out of Maribyrnong. Informed DIBP and had a ceremony in Wyndham Council Offices about 7 weeks later (so again almost 6 months in total and it still wasn't a Maribyrnong Council ceremony in the end).

In summary wait times in Maribyrnong:

Citizenship Test: 1/10/2015 Ceremony: 15/03/2016 (DIBP ceremony in East Melbourne)

Citizenship Test: 10/08/2016 Ceremony: 6/02/2017 (7 weeks after moving to Wyndham Council Area)

Hi all,

Please find below my updated timelime.

1. Date Applied: 09/07/2016

2. City/Council Area: Sunshine Coast

4. Date Received the Acknowledgement Email: 09/07/2016

5. Date Received the Citizenship Test Email: 21/09/2016

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: 09/11/2016 - Passed 100%

7. Approval letter: 03/01/2017

8. Date of ceremony: 21/03/2017 (Received email from the council yesterday)

Hi all,

Please find below my updated timelime.

1. Date Applied: 09/07/2016

2. City/Council Area: Sunshine Coast

4. Date Received the Acknowledgement Email: 09/07/2016

5. Date Received the Citizenship Test Email: 21/09/2016

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: 09/11/2016 - Passed 100%

7. Approval letter: 03/01/2017

8. Date of ceremony: 21/03/2017 (Received email from the council yesterday)

Great, Congrats mate.

hi @Annoisa, please check the this link: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Ente/Retu/residence-calculator

This will help you to determine your eligibility for citizenship. Just key in the dates where you are out of the country for the last 4 years.

Thanks Ken,

I have been living in Australia since August 2013, i went abroad once for two months and in this last year for 4 months and came back in december 2016 after that last visit.

My 4 years completing in August 2017 so i need to wait for 9 months which exactly are from december 2016 till August 2017.

So i am all good to go for applying then? This 9 month rule no one mentioned do you have any link for it?

I have PR from Nov 2015.

wishes

annoisa

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick one, can I sit for the citizenship test before I lodge citizenship application?

My 12 months after PR will complete in August 2017 and I got told by someone that I can book and sit in the test 6 months before than I'm eligible. And then later lodge an application?

Hi @Nasir, I don't think you can sit on the test before lodgement. The department will be the one to advise the test date a few weeks after you lodge your citizenship.

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick one, can I sit for the citizenship test before I lodge citizenship application?

My 12 months after PR will complete in August 2017 and I got told by someone that I can book and sit in the test 6 months before than I'm eligible. And then later lodge an application?

Hi all

We applied yesterday for Citizenship so will add my timeline here and see how it goes

1. Date Applied: 21/02/2017

2. City/Council Area: Shire of Kalamunda, WA

4. Date Received the Acknowledgement Email: tba

5. Date Received the Citizenship Test Email: tba

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: tba

7. Approval letter: tba

8. Date of ceremony: tba

ta

Claire

Hi All,

Submitted Citizenship application today:

1. Date Applied: 22/02/2017

2. City/Council Area: Monash, Melbourne

4. Acknowledgement Email: 22/02/2017

5. Citizenship Test e-mail: Waiting

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: Waiting

7. Approval letter: Waiting

8. Date of ceremony: Waiting

TC,

FB

Hi All,

Submitted Citizenship application today:

1. Date Applied: 22/02/2017

2. City/Council Area: Monash, Melbourne

4. Acknowledgement Email: 22/02/2017

5. Citizenship Test e-mail: Waiting

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: Waiting

7. Approval letter: Waiting

8. Date of ceremony: Waiting

TC,

FB

Interesting that you got your acknowledgement email same day. We lodged online yesterday and nothing yet so assume it is not an automatic email you receive?

Ta

Claire