4. Acknowledgement Email: 22/02/2017

5. Citizenship Test e-mail: Waiting

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: Waiting

7. Approval letter: Waiting

8. Date of ceremony: Waiting

TC,

FB

hi fireblade

i also applied on 20 Feb from Dandenong.

TC

Interesting that you got your acknowledgement email same day. We lodged online yesterday and nothing yet so assume it is not an automatic email you receive?

Ta

Claire

Yep, received automatic reply within a minute or so straight after application submission. It could be a system glitch in your case?

Hi @FireBlade! Would be submitting our application by end May, we got the same council. :)

Hi guyz

have a question? How many ENS 186 visa holders r still working with same employer? I m still working with same but my wmployer is going ro close his business from 1 April and telling me to join his son's company on diffrence location and name.

Hi guyz

have a question? How many ENS 186 visa holders r still working with same employer? I m still working with same but my wmployer is going ro close his business from 1 April and telling me to join his son's company on diffrence location and name.

Hi @longwait, I am still working with the same company who sponsored me. You don't need to worry as you already got your PR.

Hi guyz

I am working for the same employer as well, but also my citizenship application has been approved, just awaiting ceremony so I don't think it really matters.

hello everyone...

i have gotta a qustion whenever you apply any substantive visa should you recive bridging visa automatically or not ,my problem is in may 2015 i applied for 485 visa and i was issued a bridging visa A, then in august i applied 187 but for some reasons i have to withdraw my file for 485 in sep for doing that my bridging visa did ceased but to my understanding i was thinking i am on another bridging visa which i should get from 187 but that was only till october when i did find out about it i did had any visa basicaly i was staying illegally here without any visa.i requested department to issue me a briding visa which they did on the same day,and then in feb i recive my permanent residensy.everthing was cool till yestrday when i was trying to apply for citizenship online i could not do it coz system says i did not fullfill residensy requirement,when i did ring immi lady told me i did not had any visa between sep to oct so thats why i am not fullfilling residensy requirement and now i can only apply for citizeship in 2019 c oz my 4 years will start from oct 2015 when i was issued a new bridging visa,i have been here from 2009,when i had talk with migration agent he told me i can do it coz it was immigration departments mistake who did not issue me a bridging visa for 187 when i lodged it in august so it was there system error,i am not sure wht sould i do here,apply or wait till 2019.

any help or idea will be much appericated ....

cheers

Edited by Who care

hello everyone...

i have gotta a qustion whenever you apply any substantive visa should you recive bridging visa automatically or not ,my problem is in may 2015 i applied for 485 visa and i was issued a bridging visa A, then in august i applied 187 but for some reasons i have to withdraw my file for 485 in sep for doing that my bridging visa did ceased but to my understanding i was thinking i am on another bridging visa which i should get from 187 but that was only till october when i did find out about it i did had any visa basicaly i was staying illegally here without any visa.i requested department to issue me a briding visa which they did on the same day,and then in feb i recive my permanent residensy.everthing was cool till yestrday when i was trying to apply for citizenship online i could not do it coz system says i did not fullfill residensy requirement,when i did ring immi lady told me i did not had any visa between sep to oct so thats why i am not fullfilling residensy requirement and now i can only apply for citizeship in 2019 c oz my 4 years will start from oct 2015 when i was issued a new bridging visa,i have been here from 2009,when i had talk with migration agent he told me i can do it coz it was immigration departments mistake who did not issue me a bridging visa for 187 when i lodged it in august so it was there system error,i am not sure wht sould i do here,apply or wait till 2019.

cheers

Hello Who care

This is a very special issue and I doubt someone can help you. However its ridiculous and at the same time terrible to have your citizenship application delayed because of a system error or mistake. In my opinion you should talk to immigration department. Maybe they can provide you with a letter or proof that it was their mistake and not yours and then you can lodge a paper application for citizenship.

I hope you can sort out this issue and get your citizenship soon.

Cheers

One of my colleague took 7 mos to finish from lodgement to oathtaking. My passport is expiring soon, and I hope it's not gonna be longer than 7 mos.

Really depends on where you are. On Friday I was told by immi directly that my council has a wait time of 10(!) months between approval and ceremony. I have to renew my passport from my original country of citizenship as well...

Careful if your passport is expiring and you want to travel, many countries won't let you in with less than 6months on it.

Don't give up hope! Yours is 3 months away, not 5 like mine was, but still, worth the effort.

Hi..

I am also waiting for the Citizenship Ceremony in the same Council. Lets stay in touch about any updates regarding it. I called DIBP and they said its taking 6-9 months in NSW in almost all places. Hopefully, we both get our ceremonies soon. The wait is frustrating and exhausting.

Also with the Council merger and Hurstville still doing only one ceremony every two months which frankly is annoying.. I just hope it doesn't take too long. I am already in the 6th month waiting.

Citizenship Test - 20th Sept 2016, Citizenship Approved - 22nd Sept 2016, Citizenship Ceremony - Waiting, Council - Georges River Council/ Hurstville.

Same with me Goldyshell, I applied 22nd October, got the confirmation email in a few minutes and nothing since.....

Applied for citizenship in October 2016 in Bunbury online, had automatic acknowledgement but not a peep since!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Victor Athreya
I received my citizenship approval on May 2016 and after calling DIBP every now and then, I finally got a confirmed Citizenship Ceremony this coming 9 March 2017.

Reason for the delay: 1) average waiting period in NSW is 6 to 9 months, there's a looooooong queue. Guys you better move to South Australia that takes only 3 months of waiting if you want to expedite your citizenship ceremony. 2) my council HURSTVILLE has recently merged to KOGARAH. The two populated councils now named: GEORGE RIVER holds only 6 ceremonies per year with 70 candidates per event.

Hi PogiAko,

I got my approval on Jul 2016 with Kogarah council but then moved to Hurstville and awaiting for the ceremony. Any likely chances for me in the next slot?

Really depends on where you are. On Friday I was told by immi directly that my council has a wait time of 10(!) months between approval and ceremony. I have to renew my passport from my original country of citizenship as well...

Careful if your passport is expiring and you want to travel, many countries won't let you in with less than 6months on it.

That's my dilemma. I cannot book for a flight overseas since I am waiting for my Australian passport hopefully by December. Getting my passport renewal is very time consuming and I had to fly inter-state to do it. :(

hello everyone...

cheers

Did you just get your residency status this Feb 2017? I believe you need to be a permanent resident for 1 year or more for you to be eligible for citizenship. But your situation is a bit tricky given the timeframe that you have not had any visa. I hope some migration lawyers here in the forum can help you further on your situation. Good luck.

Maribyrnong council take forever. I waited 5.5 months then the DIBP put me on one of their own ceremonies in East Melbourne (actually just across the road from their CBD office where I sat the citizenship exam). My wife had waited 4.5 months from her exam before we moved out of Maribyrnong. Informed DIBP and had a ceremony in Wyndham Council Offices about 7 weeks later (so again almost 6 months in total and it still wasn't a Maribyrnong Council ceremony in the end).

In summary wait times in Maribyrnong:

Citizenship Test: 1/10/2015 Ceremony: 15/03/2016 (DIBP ceremony in East Melbourne)

Citizenship Test: 10/08/2016 Ceremony: 6/02/2017 (7 weeks after moving to Wyndham Council Area)

Thanks Ken for sharing your timeline. Do you think things would've changed from your times and I can hope for a ceremony by April.

The reason I ask because the council has nearly 2 ceremonies scheduled per month for 2017.

I do need to plan overseas travel so can't wait beyond May.

Is moving out of Maribyrnong the only solution

Edited by Aakanksha

Hi..

I am also waiting for the Citizenship Ceremony in the same Council. Lets stay in touch about any updates regarding it. I called DIBP and they said its taking 6-9 months in NSW in almost all places. Hopefully, we both get our ceremonies soon. The wait is frustrating and exhausting.

Also with the Council merger and Hurstville still doing only one ceremony every two months which frankly is annoying.. I just hope it doesn't take too long. I am already in the 6th month waiting.

Citizenship Test - 20th Sept 2016, Citizenship Approved - 22nd Sept 2016, Citizenship Ceremony - Waiting, Council - Georges River Council/ Hurstville.

Good luck! I'm guessing you'll be in May or July. Fill out the sheet from my signature please if you haven't, that way we can all see how Hurstville/George's River is tracking.

Thanks Ken for sharing your timeline. Do you think things would've changed from your times and I can hope for a ceremony by April.

The reason I ask because the council has nearly 2 ceremonies scheduled per month for 2017.

I do need to plan overseas travel so can't wait beyond May.

Is moving out of Maribyrnong the only solution

In case you didn't see the reply I posted before the site migration deleted a number of posts: when I applied Maribyrnong were only holding 1 ceremony per month so if they're now holding two that should speed things along - but it all depends on just how big the backlog is as to whether you get a ceremony by April or not. As for moving out of Maribyrnong, that might be jumping out of frying pan into the fire unless you know for certain where you move to will be able to do a ceremony almost immediately.