New to Brisbane

brisbanewannabe

Hi there,

Well have finally made it from the UK to Oz!. On a spousal visa and have been here for 2 weeks. I was hoping to register with AHPRA but my degree is not awarded until September and I found out I was pregnant in April after we had booked flights etc. So here we are 17 weeks pregnant and no jobs! All good! Luckily staying with mother in law until hubby gets work. Anyone else new to Brisbane? :err:

calNgary, seriously it is our first winter here and we are freezing especially first thing in the morning....don't winge though, last thing I want is to become a winging Pom although native colleagues and friends seem to make up for me.

Enjoy your time before finding work, it all becomes quite normal very quickly.

S

calNgary, seriously it is our first winter here and we are freezing especially first thing in the morning....don't winge though, last thing I want is to become a winging Pom although native colleagues and friends seem to make up for me.

Enjoy your time before finding work, it all becomes quite normal very quickly.

S

LOL. When we arrived i remember laughing at seeing Ugg boots, wooly hats and scarfs etc in the shops, 12 mths later i was the wuss wearing them !! lol. I hate this time of year with a passion although i can tolerate it if it doesn't rain too. I just keep thinking 8 more weeks and it will be nice and warm again,lol, 12 more weeks and we will be complaining its too hot ! lol

Huge thanks to whoever invented the wood burner.. lol

Cal x

ETA -I will be hibernating from Sat afternoon when the 'very cold' with 'damaging winds' spell is supposed to hit SEQ.

Edited by calNgary