heading back to Oz ater 12 years!! About to lodge partner visa subclass 309/100

Aprilfool

Hi

Just joined pomsinOz as it is all becoming a bit more real that we are actually moving!!!

Brief outline....

I am Emma age 35, first emigrated to Queensland in 1994 with my parents. Stayed until 2003 but due to violent relationship breakdown I moved back to England aged 23 with my 2 Aussie born sons aged 2 and almost 4 (now 14 and almost 16)

Met my wonderful husband a year later and we had our daughter 3 years later who is now 8.

I never entertained moving back to Oz but my husband over the past few years has become sick of the English rat race! He visited friends in Perth last year and fell in love! I visited family in Brisbane at the end of last year and discovered that it wasn't Australia I hated but my past situation!

With the children's full support we have began making plans to move to Brisbane (I have family and friends all over QLD). My RRV was granted in less than 48hrs last year for a full 12 months which I was ecstatic about!

We currently cannot move until March 2017 as I am midway through a Nursing Degree so want to complete that first. My husband is a Welding Inspecter Cswip 3.2 and Quality Manager plus many years on the shop floor as a line manager and welder.

Got a bit of a shock yesterday when I went to begin application online to discover estimate of Visa for my hubby plus our little girl has shot up from just under $6000 to over $8000.

Hoping we can use the site to get lots of info and share any info we have to help others x

Hope to speak to some of you soon x

Bit like me then , I went out when I was 16 and stayed there for 1yr came home for 6mths and went back and stayed for 11 yrs, iam returning back after a bloodly long wait, with your daughter can you not go for citizen of decent so you don't have to put her on the visa, be a lot cheaper , all 3 of kids are British born but iam applying for citizen and there Aussie passports to become Australian citizen.

Bit like me then , I went out when I was 16 and stayed there for 1yr came home for 6mths and went back and stayed for 11 yrs, iam returning back after a bloodly long wait, with your daughter can you not go for citizen of decent so you don't have to put her on the visa, be a lot cheaper , all 3 of kids are British born but iam applying for citizen and there Aussie passports to become Australian citizen.

Hi Aussie girl x

Are you applying to become a citizen yourself? I thought I would have to wait to become a citizen once I was back there x Interested to know more!!

Hi Aussie girl x

Are you applying to become a citizen yourself? I thought I would have to wait to become a citizen once I was back there x Interested to know more!!

You would not be eligible for citizenship at the moment and hence children do need a visa. I think Aussue girl meant she was already a citizen and therefore applied for citizenship for her children.

Separately, your RRV will have run out by the time you want to move, what is the plan?

You would not be eligible for citizenship at the moment and hence children do need a visa. I think Aussue girl meant she was already a citizen and therefore applied for citizenship for her children.

Separately, your RRV will have run out by the time you want to move, what is the plan?

Yes i too thought that about thr RRV? If it's run out which obviously it will have if waiting until 2017. Be very unlikely another RRV would be granted.

Yes i too thought that about thr RRV? If it's run out which obviously it will have if waiting until 2017. Be very unlikely another RRV would be granted.

I have already been advised it will be granted as I have substantial ties to both Australia and the UK having children born in both countries and my sons having Australuan father/family. I have no concerns with it being reinstated.

What I meant by my original post is that my RRV entry date was for 12 months. I have just got out my visa as I needed to double check its classification!! I didn't quite expect such negative backlash from one of my first posts on here!!!

I have a RRV subclass 155 which entitles me to travel back and forth to Australia over the next 5 years as long as I enter at least once before August 2015 (which I have done).

My family situation and past history was enough to confirm substantial ties and grant me a 5 year subclass 155.

I hope that clarifies the negative commenters!!!

Edited by Aprilfool
incorrect wording

I'm sorry if you thought we were being negative wasn't the intention at all. Just concerned as you said your RRV was granted last year and was valid for a year. Concerned that you only had a year granted is all. Wasn't aware that you still had the full five year validation. I fully understand your substantial ties to Australia and can see why it would've been reinstated you were lucky many don't get the full five years. Good luck with your move.

What I meant by my original post is that my RRV entry date was for 12 months. I have just got out my visa as I needed to double check its classification!! I didn't quite expect such negative backlash from one of my first posts on here!!!

I have a RRV subclass 155 which entitles me to travel back and forth to Australia over the next 5 years as long as I enter at least once before August 2015 (which I have done).

My family situation and past history was enough to confirm substantial ties and grant me a 5 year subclass 155.

I hope that clarifies the negative commenters!!!

High April fool, can I ask what an rrv subclass 155 is please, I'm not up to speed on visa terminology. Is your hubby and daughter going on your visa or their own?

High April fool, can I ask what an rrv subclass 155 is please, I'm not up to speed on visa terminology. Is your hubby and daughter going on your visa or their own?

Hi newjez

An RRV is a return residency visa, it is either subclass 155 or 157, the subclass 157 is often only granted for 3-12 months but the 155 can be granted for up to 5 years. To get the 155 you have to have been living in Australia for 2 out of the past 5 years or have substantial ties to Australia or compelling reasons why you could not return to Australia before now. I ticked both the later boxes having got 2 Australian born children who have all their paternal family in Oz, but also my past history of domestic violence from my Australian Ex was also a compelling enough reason to have remained in England. This Visa entry time is 12 months so I had to at least come to Australia by August this year (I was in Brissy in December) now I have up to 5 years to come and go as I please.

The plan is to Apply for a spouse Visa for my husband and add my daughter as an additional applicant to his. I was just trying to weigh up the pros and cons of other Visa options. He does have the option to apply for skilled work visa or maybe source a job that would offer him a 457 employer sponsorship visa. We have time to mull it over really. I would feel happy if we were going down the spouse visa - subclass 309/100 for the application to be lodged before the end of this year.

Wow, congratulations on getting your RRV!

Just goes to that being granted an RRV is unpredictable (hubs has been granted 1 year RRV subclass 155, though he had been living in Australia for 1 year in the past 5, has a job offer, and our kids and I are all Australian).

Best of luck with visas for your partner and daughter - you shouldn't have any problems, but the members here are a wealth of information ☺

Welcome, and good luck!