Summer

Guest51810

If melbournes going to be in high 30's and so is perth with some 40 then I don't know if Id feel that much worse in perth

I don't think you would Stacey. I get prickly heat in humid conditions too, makes me itch and come out in a rash. Never had it in Perth but as soon as I spend any more than a couple of weeks over East I get it. You can get medication to prevent it, I used to take it when we went on holiday to Spain, Portugal, Greece etc. It's different when you live somewhere that has great weather though. You know you have plenty of time to go out in it so you don't go nuts and sit in the sun 8 hours a day, like we used to when we were young and in Europe.:laugh:

Don't forget to put on plenty of sun cream, you look a perfect candidate for sunburn.:wink:

I've never been to Greece before. I've been to Turkey and it was 40oc. I've been to Florida and it was humid there. I got prickly heat there. I think I might have got it a few days in Florida but I don't remember getting it for long. I used to get it in Portugal too. I think half of that problem is being overweight so im trying to fix that now so maybe by australia time it won't be such a problem with prickly heat.

I just thought If melbourne still gets high 30's then it might not be a massive difference between there and perth

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Melbourne is sort of famous for having 4 seasons in one day.

Last time I was in Melbourne it was pleasantly warm when I left the motel in the morning in shorts, t-shirt and flip flops. By 11.00am it was very hot and I was sweating. But by 2pm it was torrential rain and blowing a gale. By 4pm I nearly got hypothermia in the arctic like freezing conditions. I have never known so many seasons in one day!

Last time I was in Melbourne it was pleasantly warm when I left the motel in the morning in shorts, t-shirt and flip flops. By 11.00am it was very hot and I was sweating. But by 2pm it was torrential rain and blowing a gale. By 4pm I nearly got hypothermia in the arctic like freezing conditions. I have never known so many seasons in one day!

That's why we love it.

Well, one of the reasons.

There's a reason they wrote this song!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Don't let it get you down, try and stay cool, maintain your water intake and don't do anything silly like mowing lawns or jogging.

Cheers.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/heatwave-conditions-as-south-australia-and-the-east-coast-swelter/news-story/1eea02357aeda02e5875da4d113f637a?from=public_rss

OMG brings back a memory of a cop I knew who was seconded to Oodnadatta He said tell your Pommie mates I am moving to Oodnadatta Whoop Whoop ( back end of beyond in Aussie speak !)