Summer

Guest51810

Thats because everyone's opinion is different. I've read on here numerous times how bad QLD is in summer and how you cant go out for months or survive a day without air con lmao..

Well i have been here 9 years ,only ever had air con in my car as i find ceiling fans adequate at home and only ever had around 5 or 6 days in the entire time of being here that its been too hot to go and do what id planned.

I think if you travel with an open mind, be open to change and moving on to explore new places, you will have a great time.

Cal x

Melbourne is usually a dry heat. Hardly ever does it feel humid.

But it can be very hot.

Generally the further north you go the more humid it gets.

So Sydney maybe a bit more humid and Brisbane a bit more again.

Further north into Asia and it is extremely humid.

You'll probably acclimatise yourself to the local conditions wherever you go. And if you are going to be working somewhere then the chances are that you'll be in an air conditioned working environment during the hottest part of the day anyway. Enjoy the warm summer evenings.

Maybe buy yourself a wee oscillating fan for use at bedtime if you think it might be uncomfortable trying to get to sleep when it's still warm at night. That's what we do.

In Melbourne during the period before Xmas, hot weather is often accompanied by some pretty strong winds from the North (bringing heat from the Red Centre). So the wind takes the edge off the heat.

Later in Summer we usually get the breeze from the South which is cooler since it is coming in from the sea.

Melbourne doesn't really get humid but it does have a long winter and summer can be disappointing

I usually find Sydney very humid compared to Melbourne; probably highlighted by the fact that I usually walk everywhere when I'm there on business so it does get a bit sweaty!

Long winter? June, July and August. Similar to the weather Stace will be familiar with in Scotland's spring and autumn. Variable! :-) It's lovely when Springtime comes round and temperatures start to creep up. September last year was lovely, I remember it well 'cos that was when our family expanded by one (Haggis the chocolate Labrador) and we were outdoors most of the time trying to train the wee rascal.

Disappointing Summer? Disappointing maybe by someone's local standards but Stace is coming from Scotland. It's all relative I suppose, and everyone's viewpoint is different. I'm in shorts and tshirt every day apart from the 3 months mentioned above. I really like the heat, and yes, I'm disappointed if it's not at least mid-30's every day. :-)

Melbourne is sort of famous for having 4 seasons in one day. I prefer Sydney by far as a City for things to do. I love walking round Sydney when I've been there on weekends on work trips and had the weekend to do whatever. I love the botanic gardens in Sydney with the Opera house at one side. I find if you want a bit of peace and quite and a nice walk or run, then 5 minutes away go to a pub, restaurant and club, Sydney has it. The weather has generally been better in Sydney when I've been there too, more settled and I don't find it any more humid than Melbourne. Certainly nowhere near as humid as Brisbane and even there I enjoy walking everywhere.

I don't have the hair problem though Stacey.:wink: You could always go for a short style for the hot weather.

Lots of big caravan parks have summer people doing kids program's and the like over dec-jan.

A few hours in reception, kids program in the morning, again in the afternoon and evening.

All up and down the east coast, and to some extent, inland too.

Lots of big caravan parks have summer people doing kids program's and the like over dec-jan.

A few hours in reception, kids program in the morning, again in the afternoon and evening.

All up and down the east coast, and to some extent, inland too.

I might look into that! Then camp america would definitely take me when I come back :cute:

Yeah I cope much better with dry heat even if it's higher. It's the stickiness that I hate and it gives me sore heads etc. I'm strange.. I moan about the heat during the day but I like it at night when I'm on holiday. Loved sitting outside in Florida at night listening to those chirpy things. I'm not sure what the temps were but I think I could have stayed out all night. It was during the day that I struggled when we were traipsing around theme parks. We went to St Petes beach one day and it was absolutely boiling, I reckon over 40oc. I felt like I was actually cooking from the inside lol

I think it might be dry heat there too but not entirely sure. I definitely think I'm worrying more than I have to.

I'm aiming for november now. Doubt I'll afford september although if I keep up with this overtime then I might just about scrape it! Would prob rather have a few extra thousand behind me though

Melbourne is dry and hot. Not much humidity.

But the really hot days only string together in 3s or 4s before a cooler front comes through.

Some summers arnt as hot and there will only be a few days over 35. Others have weeks over 35.

Pot luck really.

The year we immigrated we had 40 degrees for a week in november.

The summer we just had, i cant remember more than 3 days upto or over 40, and none until after christmas.