SALES JOB Adelaide -- advice please

Cymru am Adelaide

Hi everyone!

My husband and I are moving to Adelaide in July 2015. I have a job as an agency nurse however my husband who has 6 years experience in sales is finding it very hard to find a job. He currently sells and manages multimillion accounts within construction. He also has sales and account management experience in different areas. He is the top seller at his current company and is earning a good wage.

Not one person has looked at his CV or shown any interest and its a very good CV. He has even applied for temporary jobs which are completely below his level and experience yet no one will take him.

We are hoping that once we are over he will find it easier.????????????????

Everyone is saying 'its not what you know but who you know in Adelaide" or 'its Adelaide go to Melbourne" but we have family in Adelaide and our hearts are set on it.

Why is it so hard to get a job in South Australia? can any one recommend any agencies to work with or any ways to approach future employers?

Thanks

Have you asked for feedback 're job applications? My OH had some helpful feedback and has completely restructured his CV and covering letter as format too "English", though super qualified. Am hoping this does the trick. Good luck.

Edited by Peachy

I expect it is a combination of a couple of things. Unemployment is quite high in Australia at the moment and also it is not usual for employers to look at CVs when the candidate is not in the country. There are candidates on the ground already and they have no need.

Is there any chance he could take a holiday and come over to test the water in person?