Football in Melbourne

Quill82

Hi

i've recently moved to Melbourne and am looking to get back into playing football. I've been playing in the UK twice a week for the last 5 years or so to a reasonable standard. Currently I'm based in St Kilda but chances are we'll be looking to move down the peninsula to somewhere like Mentone, Aspindale, Parkdale etc in a month or so.

is there anyone that plays regular weekly games (5 a side, 11 a side etc) that are currently looking for players? Is so please message me as I'm itching for kick about!

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben

How are you? There are definitely football teams playing down here as I knew a couple of lads playing 11 a side 2 years ago.... I could ask around if you wanted me to or shoot me a message on 0468 42 1972. (Im living in Parkdale at the moment)

Regards

Antony

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi

Are any of you still looking to get involved in playing football?

We play a competitive social game every Thursday at Kingston Heath Soccer Complex in Cheltenham.

please send me a PM for more info.

Edited by snifter
FB as per forum rules

• 2 months later...
Hi,

A bit of an old thread I know but did any casual football games manage to get organised. Currently living in St Kilda and would love to start playing football again.

Hi mate, up for a game of 8 a side tomorrow evening?

can you get to Cheltenham. 20 minutes in the car.

Interesting to be part of this thread so I am only writing to subscribe to it and maybe re-visit when we, fingers crossed, move over in September although we are likely to be up in Epping, Lalor and around that area.....still, better to be on here just in case!

KnK

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Want to play casual/social soccer in South East Melbourne?

Have you ever been to a kickabout organised between friends, and not enough people have turned up, it's been poorly organised, too much shouting and no one keeps the score? To add to this, there are no bibs, too many alpha males, everyone wants to play striker, no one keeps time and there is an argument every 5 minutes? Well, join the club!

Have you ever moved to a new city, you hardly know anyone, but you want to have some fun and make new friends?

THE SOLUTION?

Welcome to SOUTH EAST MELBOURNE SOCCER, we have been running well organised & successful kickabouts for 3 years now. Thanks to word of mouth, we are growing every day, because people like how we do it!

If you want to play football, when it suits you, but you do not want to commit yourself to any team or for long periods of time, then our casual football sessions are for you. Join our ever growing group of footballers, who come down and play. You can play as many times as you want or keep things to a minimum and play once a month! You're in control!!

We work tirelessly to provide a well organised and safe environment for people to come down and play football, hassle free. We are committed to providing the best footballing experience possible, and we are confident, no one does it better.

We have adopted a methodical & systematic approach in all areas of our organisation, this comes from loving what we do, our passion is indeed all things football & our aim has always been to provide the best footballing experience possible.

We keep our fees as low as possible but need to cover the cost of pitch hire, washing of bibs, kit replenishment, general administration, organisation & insurance.

We are your local football network. YOU decide when you play!