driving

IsabellaMarie95

Hey I am coming over next month an I have a UK provisional licence. I want to do my test whilst I'm there but what will this involve and will my UK licence be OK?!

Iv just failed my theory for the 5th time by one mark! So I am hoping oz will be good to me!!

Please help!!!

Xxx

Really need to see if you can squeeze another test in whilst you are still in the UK. Australia has a very different process, but it requires many hours of logged, supervised driving and might be hard if you don't know somebody that can do this for you.

ETA: Google passing driving test in NSW, the process looks like it will take you well over two years to get a full licence. Worse than I thougth, although I knew it was convoluted, you really need to come here with a full licence if at all possible. if you are moving on a working holiday or temporary visa, I would maybe think about not bothering!

Edited by Bungo

yeah getting an aussie license is nightmare compared to UK, ...theory test (eaiser than uk though) then one year supervised driving as a learner, cant drive alone, before you can then take practical test for restricted driving for two years..then you have full lisence..in my part of aus anyway...best sticking to UK driving test..can you go to different area to do theory? get booked in sooner?