190 visa lodged January 2015

Guest spreadingwings

Guest spreadingwings

Has anyone else who lodged a 190 visa application in the second half of Jan 2015 had a grant yet? Wondering about timelines, as I wait ever so patiently :)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your reply, we must be the unlucky ones being asked for evidence..haha. just wondering what/how they expect us to prove this? We are planning on moving in september (if visa is granted) by which point we will have said amount.. so we cant prove 'future wages' that will make some of the amount, plus with selling our car and van nearer the time, how do we prove this? Sorry for all the questions. Its been a long steady process and so exciting getting towards the final steps :)

I'm not sure of the answer to that one - I have previously read that if asked you need show what funds you have available now i.e if you plan on selling your house you can't include the funds from that sale until the house is sold and money in the bank. Agree it is all very exciting now that this visa process is almost at an end!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Spreadingwings, CharlieV, mel25,

I need the 5 points from a state nomination and my profession is in NSW list... I have read the requirements but didn't find too many restrictions... only that I will have to show 55 points and then live 2 years in NSW.

My question: if I have 55 points and my profession (233511) belongs to the appropriate list , do you know if I will get the 5 points for state nomination?

Besides this, someone knows for how long NSW will keep the list of professions? ...I will apply in 4 months and my concern is that my profession is not anymore in NSW sponsorship list.

This is my first message here, not sure who will read this...

Regards,

Juan, from Argentina

Hi Spreadingwings, CharlieV, mel25,

I need the 5 points from a state nomination and my profession is in NSW list... I have read the requirements but didn't find too many restrictions... only that I will have to show 55 points and then live 2 years in NSW.

My question: if I have 55 points and my profession (233511) belongs to the appropriate list , do you know if I will get the 5 points for state nomination?

Besides this, someone knows for how long NSW will keep the list of professions? ...I will apply in 4 months and my concern is that my profession is not anymore in NSW sponsorship list.

This is my first message here, not sure who will read this...

Regards,

Juan, from Argentina

Hi Juan

Firstly a 190 state sponsorship visa will give you 5 points if accepted. Secondly I wouldnt worry too much about your profession being on the list as from what I have been told by my visa agent is that NSW have almost reached their limit for applicants but a new updated list is due to be published in July so if I was you ide check in July if you plan on applying in 4 months time ....although ide keep checking up after July just to make sure you occupation is still on the list

Charlie, your timeline is very similar to mine ... and I'm still waiting too! I applied on 23 Jan, was allocated a CO in early March, and have been waiting ever since. 189 applicants who applied in FEB are already receiving grants. And here we sit :)

I have lodged my visa application on January 1,2015. CO allocated 13th February,2015---Medical, PCC submitted.Now waiting

IELTS (6.5) 27th Feb 14 - Positive Skills Assessment 24th July 14 from Engineers Australia - State Nomination/EOI Submitted Oct 14(NSW) - Invitation Received 16th Dec 2014 - 190 (NSW), Visa lodged 1st Jan 2015 - Police Checks Front Loaded - CO Allocated 13th February 2015 - Medical done 18th Feb 2015, Employment Verification done on 18th March 2015 Now waiting.....

Charlie, your timeline is very similar to mine ... and I'm still waiting too! I applied on 23 Jan, was allocated a CO in early March, and have been waiting ever since. 189 applicants who applied in FEB are already receiving grants. And here we sit :)

Hi Melbourne! Did you receive the delay email? We got that a couple of weeks ago but our agent is confident we'll still get the grant before end of June - hope she's right! I keep looking at the 189 tracker and seeing all the grants come through...very frustrating but hopefully we won't have too much longer to wait! Did you front load your police and medicals?

I have lodged my visa application on January 1,2015. CO allocated 13th February,2015---Medical, PCC submitted.Now waiting

IELTS (6.5) 27th Feb 14 - Positive Skills Assessment 24th July 14 from Engineers Australia - State Nomination/EOI Submitted Oct 14(NSW) - Invitation Received 16th Dec 2014 - 190 (NSW), Visa lodged 1st Jan 2015 - Police Checks Front Loaded - CO Allocated 13th February 2015 - Medical done 18th Feb 2015, Employment Verification done on 18th March 2015 Now waiting.....

Hi Melbourne! Did you receive the delay email? We got that a couple of weeks ago but our agent is confident we'll still get the grant before end of June - hope she's right! I keep looking at the 189 tracker and seeing all the grants come through...very frustrating but hopefully we won't have too much longer to wait! Did you front load your police and medicals?

So the three of us in the same boat, it seems! I didn't receive the delay mail, Charlie, so I'm hoping to hear back WAY before June. Hoping we all do! I also front loaded my docs. I mailed them about two weeks ago and they said I'd hear back in due course. I don't know why a 190 visa would take longer than a 189 lodged at the same time. It should be quicker, given that a state has assessed everything already and chosen to sponsor.

So the three of us in the same boat, it seems! I didn't receive the delay mail, Charlie, so I'm hoping to hear back WAY before June. Hoping we all do! I also front loaded my docs. I mailed them about two weeks ago and they said I'd hear back in due course. I don't know why a 190 visa would take longer than a 189 lodged at the same time. It should be quicker, given that a state has assessed everything already and chosen to sponsor.

Hi Melbourne.

Did you get allocated a CO or did you just decide to email a general email address?

We lodged 5th feb but ain't heard nothing yet. Whereas other people after us have been given COs. I am assuming they have been contacted by a CO because they required further info from them which is fair enough as we have uploaded everything and have a straight forward case. But it's frustrating that they have been allocated to a team and we have not as we would like a named contact so we can ask about the likelihood of a delay etc.

The wait is killing me and my new oz employers are wondering how long too!

Hi Melbourne.

Did you get allocated a CO or did you just decide to email a general email address?

We lodged 5th feb but ain't heard nothing yet. Whereas other people after us have been given COs. I am assuming they have been contacted by a CO because they required further info from them which is fair enough as we have uploaded everything and have a straight forward case. But it's frustrating that they have been allocated to a team and we have not as we would like a named contact so we can ask about the likelihood of a delay etc.

The wait is killing me and my new oz employers are wondering how long too!

Hi clc! Yeah we received a CO, and I mailed that specific team address. Don't worry about it though, because there was nothing too specific in the info they sent back. No timelines or anything. All we can do is wait :)

The waiting is certainly tough! Now trying to check emails only once a day and focus on other things...hopefully it will make the wait go quicker! Not sure why the 189's seem to be coming through faster - maybe they are a higher priority group, not sure

Any news from anyone? I'm still waiting! Next week will be 3 months since submitting my application. Guess I'm one of the 25% who fall outside of the 75% service agreement.

No news at all. Still no contact from CO and no delay email either. We lodged 5th feb so still have 2 weeks til we hit 3 month mark.

best of luck!

The three month deadline is from the date of allocation of a CO not from the date you submitted your application. Sorry about that. We had to wait from November through to February to get our 190. and it was 6 weeks after CO allocation that the visa came through.

Hang in there it will come.