457 visa

roxytu

Hi we have just joined Poms in Oz, We are hopefully coming to Syd later in the year on a sponsor visa 457 and will be working in the Balmain area. I have read loads and I understand on this visa we have to pay for public schools and health/medical care. We have so many questions, now this is actually happening.

We are looking at the Concord or Denistone area because the house rental seems a lot lower there,or something similar that suits families, and not to far to drive to Balmain We have 2 children age 14yrs an 10yrs so good schools nearby that except the 457 visa, also taking our jack russell so some nice walks nearby would be good.

With regards to heath/medical care does any one recommend any particular companies ?

Sorry lots of questions already , but any help would be really appreciated. Thankyou

Well, your kids' education is going to cost you $10k pa so I hope you've got a good salary lined up. Schools generally have a catchment area for which they must provide places except for 457 visa kids - chances are they would get into their local school but if the local school has no places then you could be offered a neighbouring school which does have places. Check the Myschool website to see what is on offer in the area you think you might live in.