Hostels in Hobart?

Indianinoz

Me and wife plan to visit Hobart to see how the city works well for us in the future to migrate. As a result, we want to visit Hobart and stay there for like 15 days. What is the cheapest option considering we're not looking for too much luxury but would like to have a private room of ours instead of a dormatory set-up. Also, wash room would be better if it is attached with the room but we will still manage with a common wash room if it makes a difference of $5 or more per day.

Is hostel the best bet or a PG(paying guest) set-up? Also, is it safe to come over there and look for a hostel rather than booking one from India itself? Or is there an availability issue? Can there be a situation whereby we visit the city and find all hostels full? We plan to come in April/May this year.

Also, any hostel that you'd recommend? Secondly, do these hostels also serve food at a reasonable rate? If no, what food options should we consider considering that we're looking for a low budget healthy vegetarian meal? Nutrition and health is our focur and not any lavish variety of meals.

I've given a link to all the Hobart hostels in my private message. They each have information on their facilities.

I'll get back to you on probable availability after I've had a think about any special events scheduled in Hobart for April and May.

I've had a think about likely availability of accommodation. Our tourist season ends at Easter and there aren't any events which should impact on hostel or budget type accommodation after 12 April.

If no, what food options should we consider considering that we're looking for a low budget healthy vegetarian meal?

A couple of places I can think of where you should find low cost vegetarian food:

The Soup Stop, 4 Barrack Street ( mainly Indian food, run by Indian family)

Thai Veggie Hutt, Bank Arcade

Nourish, 129 Elizabeth Street

But there are many south east Asian cafes around town, and you should be able to find reasonably priced vegetarian options at most (all?) of them.