List of all Chartered Accountancy Firms in Hobart(and all of Tasmania)

Indianinoz

Thanks for the reply! Actually ICAI(Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) has a tie up with the Australian Instititue whereby I'm required to only appear for a single/few papers and I get the CPA degree.

My question actually relates to a list of CA firms whereby I can apply for a job from India itself before moving there. Where can I get the list of CA firms in Hobart?

CPA exams are mostly multiple-choice and easy to pass. CA exams are more difficult and are all problem-solving written exams where you show all your solutions, workings and reasoning, just like what you do in day-to-day real-life business. Although it's more rigorous and more time consuming than CPA, it's well worth it. That's why there are fewer Chartered Accountants than Certified Practicing Accountants. Everyone is taking the CPA these days they have a mass-market approach to getting members.

Also with the CA you get a Graduate Diploma which is an accredited post-uni qualification. And CA is the only Australian qualification recognised by the US Certified Public Accountants. By the way "CPA" in the US is totally different from Australian "CPA".

I don't know anything about CFA.

Hello,

Can I please get a list a of all Chartered Accountancy Firms in Hobart(and all of Tasmania)? Is there a link which provides the same?

Go to the Yellow Pages - which is the business equivalent of the phone directory

https://www.yellowpages.com.au/

and enter "accountants" and "Tasmania" in the search directory...and it will give you a list.

I noticed an Indian qualified Associate of this Hobart company (Stuart Iles and Associates) and he may be able to help with information about accountancy employment in this area.

http://www.30june.com/_Information/About-Us.asp

What is the difference between The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and CPA?

Also, on an off topic but slightly related note, does CFA(US Based) have value in Australia? Will it add value to my CV while applying for a job?

They are two completely separate bodies, like ACCA and CIMA are two independent accountancy bodies for example. Accountants qualified with the former are known as CAs, the others CPAs.

CA is a much more prestigious qualification as it is harder to attain.

• 9 months later...
What is the difference between The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and CPA?

Also, on an off topic but slightly related note, does CFA(US Based) have value in Australia? Will it add value to my CV while applying for a job?

About $400k in salary