Great Locations for Pennant Hills

Aceman88888

I've got a further interview for a role which is looking increasingly like it will be based near Pennant Hills. Can anyone recommend areas for my shortlist to cost for rentals? I'm looking for a location less than an hour commute (ideally less) with a modern 4 bed property (can cope with 3 bedrooms at a push) and a budget of $650 per week. Pennant Hills itself is looking expensive but further out to the West appears to improve price wise? One of my key decisions will be about affordability of housing and Sydney as a location up until now has given me cause for concern.

Thanks. Anyone got any thoughts on the towns to the North along the railway line/Pacific Highway? I'm looking at as far north as Gosford (Just over an hour on the train?) or even Umina/Woy Woy. Train would be an option as it seems very good value for money and such towns bring the beaches nearer with more reasonable rental prices.

Guest AltyMatt

Once you get past Hornsby you aren't really in Sydney any more.

You would be looking at around an hour commute Gosford to Pennant Hills in car in rush hour & a bit more by train.

I guess it depends on what sort of lifestyle you want. Central Coast is more laid back, accommodation is cheaper, lots of beaches, beautiful national parks etc, but if your family are planning the move with a 'Sydney lifestyle' in mind then you might want to limit northern tip of your search to Hornsby.