Work in Illawarra area

toast72

Hi all, we are currently living in Adelaide but have family in Sutherland Shire which is out of our price range.

We liked the Wollongong area and have been trying to do some research in to jobs for a Carpenter and Mental Health Nurse. I've seen some mental health jobs in Shoalhaven but would there be much for carpentry? Any thoughts, views about jobs and that area welcomed :-)

I don't have any 'inside' info but would recommend you contact builders in the area directly. They are unlikely to advertise roles on jobs boards etc. When we lived there, there were some project home builders as well as spec builders - you should contact both types.

You could also keep an eye out for any jobs advertised in the local paper (it's called the South Coast Register) but you would have to be lucky to see anything advertised.

Good luck - it's a great area for families.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dave53

There's an enormous amount of building work happening in and around Camden / Campbelltown areas , only a 45 mins drive from the Gong .... May be a good idea to check them out ..

Dave C

Edited by Dave53
Spelling

Sorry I looked at the chippy and mental health nurse and thought, crikey he's diverse...Not really sure what the work situation is like at home in the Gong cos I'm FIFO, but as said Campbell town is really happening at the mo, Building game and railway looking for chippies last I heard. good choice and best of luck to you