Online Partner Visa application - does sponsor need an Immi account?

CameronsDad

Yup that's correct. You will need to finish the applicants form - pay and then it will allow you to finish the sponsors form. It's a lot of the same questions really. After that you can start uploading your evidence. So make sure before you pay you have most of that sorted because you want to have it all uploaded in about two weeks.

If the sponsor has their own ImmiAccount (linked to the applicant) you can double the number of docs that can be uploaded - and the main applicant can up load direct to the sponsors account too. I think it told us this in the first confirmation letter.....? Those 60 file spaces start to get used up pretty quickly!! So It's nice to have 120 between us......

120 documents is overkill. My partner and I had under 60 and had no issues. Combine your documents!

Its about quality not quantity

But each to their own :)

....we've not used all 120!! Nowhere near!

Although it did sound like it lol, but when you are getting a bit long in the tooth and we have past marriages, the docs start to add up, and nine years of photos makes an interesting montage. And space is needed for meds (?) and police checks, and any changes that may need to be notified over these next looooong months ahead.......

I totally understand the need for more documents but I think our case is pretty straightforward so ideally we can keep it to less than 60 documents between us. I plan to combine photos into one PDF with multiple pages up to 5mb, so that will take care of the million and one pics we plan to use.

If the sponsor has their own ImmiAccount (linked to the applicant) you can double the number of docs that can be uploaded - and the main applicant can up load direct to the sponsors account too. I think it told us this in the first confirmation letter.....? Those 60 file spaces start to get used up pretty quickly!! So It's nice to have 120 between us......

You don't need a second ImmiAcct for this. It's 60 per application - even with one ImmiAccount, you've got two applications - one for Sponsor, one for Applicant. Either way there are two sets of 60 upload slots.

Don't use a million and one photos. Just send a representative selection - quality rather than quantity. COs don't appreciate huge numbers of photos.

I have referred to several social events in our life so I plan to have one document per event with a few pictures. Possibly showing people in our statements and stat decs.

How have others used Facebook as evidence? Screenshots or full access to the account?